Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Tuesday and a Visit With Nancy

I was up shortly before 5:00AM this morning and have dressed and made my bed and am having my breakfast in here in the den as usual. I slept pretty well again. 

I will be taking the cookies to Independence by 9:00AM  this morning and that will be the last time until August. They are taking May, June, and July off from cooking the meals. I don't know if the rest of the Independence churches are doing that or not.  Depending on the weather, from Independence I will go on to Bartlesville to visit Nancy. If the weather is not calm, I will call the Green Country Village assisted living and ask them to tell Nancy that I can't come this Tuesday. I don't want to risk hail for my car.

Now, I will go check out "the weather on the 8's" and a little later, I will check for the cats. Scruffy did come for supper last night just before the storm began. I imagine Blondie was in the house with his owners. Once the lightning began Scruff went somewhere to find shelter. But she ate her fill first.

I plan to leave here about 8:30AM if the weather permits it. But it's only 5:26AM now.

So what does the weather look like for today? Tuesday 64 degrees and clouds, Tomorrow is to have 65 degrees and thunderstorms, Thursday 71 degrees and thunder showers, Friday 74 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday 82 degrees and sunny, Sunday 88 degrees and sunny and Monday 90 degrees and sunny and windy. It looks like summer is not far away.

No cats yet...but it's early. They may be there now though. It's almost 6:00AM 

So more even  later...  

Only Scruff came for breakfast this morning at 6:00AM and I was able to set the food out the front door and when she finished her breakfast, I took it back in the front door too. I put it in the garage and covered it. She's not an indoor cat like Blondie is. So she doesn't try to come in the house when I open that front door.

I have been watching the CBS news. Gail King was off today. And Jereica Duncan was there in her place. That was good because Jereica fits in better with the others and doesn't  try to dominate everything.

It's 8:06AM now and in about 25 minutes, I will leave for Independence to take the cookies to the First Christian Church there.

I took the cookies to the First Christian Church in Independence this morning at 9:00AM and then went on down to Bartlesville to visit Nancy and take her to lunch at Dink's. First I got gas at Walmart though. It was the cheapest in town there. We had a good lunch and then we took a drive to get her out and around in the community. She gets so tired of being cooped up there at the assisted living.

When I took her back to the assisted living, we stopped by the beauty shop there to make sure the beautician knew she needed her hair done on a regular basis. It seems the beautician had regularly dropped by to get her on Tuesday afternoons and Nancy refused to go...for some reason. I've done all I can do to help her get it done. It's up to Nancy now.

I got home about 3:20 PM. somehow or other, she managed to lose track of the paper I took her and the reading material too. I imagine it's in her bathroom since I went back out to the car to get it right after I got there this morning.  I think I deleted the letter Danny wrote too since I had run it off for her.

It's 5:19PM and I will go watch the news now. 

More even later....

As soon as the news was over Scott called me and visited with me a long time. We had a great visit. It had been awhile.

It's 7:10PM now and I will go take my bath. Then I will read until 9:00PM...my usual bedtime.

No comments: