Sunday, May 1, 2022

Sunday and Church

I slept fairly well last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM. I have made my bed and got myself ready for church. I am eating my breakfast now here in the den. After 7:00AM or so I will need to text Karan to remind her to bring her cookies to church this morning and then about 8:00AM, I will call Phyllis and remind her too. They said last week if I hadn't reminded them, they would have forgotten. I should have done it yesterday. I got mine and Mike's yesterday at our market here in Caney.

I will go check on the weather and the cats in a little while. It's only 5:40AM so it's too early for the cats. They are usually here around 6:00AM or a little after. If they come at all.

The cats were both here at 5:55AM. I fed them and they left when they were full and I took the food back to the garage and covered it. 

I was able to catch the weather just as soon as I sat down and turned on the TV.

Today is to be 77 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday is to be 71 degrees  with strong thunderstorms, Tuesday is to be 66 degrees with clouds and sunny in the afternoon, Wednesday is to be 70 degrees and thunderstorms, Thursday is to be 69 degrees and thunderstorms, Friday is to be 72 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 76  degrees and partly cloudy. Not  a great week's weather..that's for sure. 

I have been watching TV and I did call Phyllis to remind her of the cookies. 

She didn't need reminding because she had bought her cookies several days ago and put them in her car. That's where mine and Mike's are... in my car. 

I will leave here a little before 10:00AM this morning. I want to be sure the church is clean.  I also want to take that plaque back to the front door area outside of the church. It's as clean as I could get it. It was, after all, covered in mud and buried in mud. 

After this week, we won't need any more cookies until August. They are taking May, June, and July off doing the meals at the First Christian Church in Independence. They will begin cooking the meals again in August.

More later this afternoon....

I went into Coffeyville to get some cash from their  machine on 11th street. It would not work so I went to the one on 8th street that used to be the Condon bank. It wouldn't work either. So I had to go clear over to Northeast street on the east side of Coffeyville to use their machine and luckily, it did work. I got $50. for the next week's expenses. But that was very aggravating and I lost a lot of time driving around to try to find a working machine.

Leslie had the service today and she did a good job.

After church Rick and Carmen and Phyllis and I went to Just Us for lunch, As always, it was very good. Kay saved us a table and we sat with Rick and Carmen.

After I took Phyllis back to the church to get her car, I came on home. About 3:00PM, Krystal came to mow. She did a good job, as usual.

I swept off the back mat and also the front one. Krystal cleaned up her own mess and put the leaf bag in the trash container for me.

It's 4:15PM now.

I will probably not eat anything but a banana for supper. I had a good sized lunch. I will watch the Mission Center service at 6:00PM and record 60 Minutes. That way I can edit out the commercials. After I watch that, I will take my bath and read until 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed.

It is 8:40PM now and I have been reading in another new book on my Kindle. I have had my bath and am ready to go the bed soon.

Tomorrow I will change the sheets on my bed and put them in the laundry with my pajamas and underwear and towels. 

As for now, as soon as I finish the blog, I am going to bed. 


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

All the rains have made the gnats horrible here. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday in worship of our Savior.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you...and the same to you!!