Friday, May 13, 2022

Friday and No Particular Plan Except the Hedge

Amazing! I woke up a couple of times in the night but I ended up sleeping until almost 6:00AM. I don't know when I have slept until nearly 6:00AM. I have made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day and am just getting ready to make my breakfast.

I'll get back to this when I get that done.

I have my breakfast here now and will eat while I blog as usual.

I had a lot of drainage last night with my allergies.I always have a terrible time in the spring.

I don't have anything in particular planned for today. I got an awfully lot done yesterday what with cleaning the apartment thoroughly and trimming the yard after Krystal mowed yesterday afternoon. I even watered the flowerbeds although I am pretty sure it rained last night. I heard thunder several times and it woke me up.

I got the Kindle charged again last night so I may just read some more. 

I should go check on the cats. It's after 7:00AM now and they may have given up on me feeding them.

I will be back to this in a minute. 

They must have given up on me. They aren't out there. I will check again later.

I'll go watch for "the weather on the 8's" now.

I got there in time for the week's forecast . Today will be 84 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Saturday will be 88 degrees and sunny, Sunday 86 degrees and thunderstorms, Monday 78 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday 83 degrees and thunderstorms,Wednesday 88 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday 88 degrees and partly cloudy. That's it for a week.

It's 7:30AM now. 

It's 8:51AM now and I have been watching the CBS news.  Now I see a hummingbird eating from my feeder. I put plain sugar water in it a couple of days ago and they are eating that just as well as the stuff I bought at the hardware store. Wayne Bishop used to do that and so does my daughter, Leslie. I thought I would try it and it works fine. I don't have a lot of hummingbirds here but I see one now and then every day. 

So, more even later... I will go download another book.

I started another book....another  mystery. It's 10:06AM now. From the looks of my watch, I need to charge it again.

My one little hummingbird is back eating from my feeder. I guess it's the same one. I have never seen but one at a time there.

Well, back to the book! 

Actually, I have been trimming my hedge and pulling weeds out of the hedge. 

I decided the time had come to do something about that hedge.

The watch is charged again too. I have it back together and on my wrist again.

I am going down to the Copan Restaurant and have my small chef salad. It's been awhile since I have done that. I ate all of the Chicken Alfredo that Stephen and Dee Anna brought me yesterday. It was very good!

I did go to the Copan Truck Stop and have my small chef salad and iced tea. Then I came back home and read until just now. It's 2:50PM and I believe I will go up to Big G's and have a small butter pecan flurry for dessert. 

My son, Keith, just got back from Paris and he called me and I missed his call. I called him back and we had a good visit.

More even later...

It's 4:40PM now and I have been reading all afternoon.  I am not particularly interested in this latest book..It's too "science fiction" for my taste.

I believe the CBS evening news is on at 5:30PM. That gives me some time before I turn it on.

I hope we don't send our troops into the Russian/Ukraine war.  We need to negotiate ourselves out of that before the Russians decide to send us an atomic bomb to end it.

I will take my bath at 7:00PM and plan to go to bed at 9:00PM

 

 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Was in the 90s here yesterday. Glad cooler weather is coming. Your forecast is mine next day.

Margie's Musings said...

Good! I am glad the weather is getting better.