Monday, May 9, 2022

Monday and A Trip to See Nancy

I was up shortly before 5:00AM this morning. I am dressed and ready for the day and having my breakfast here in the den.

The beautician there at Assisted Living in Bartlesville insists she has to do Nancy's hair on Tuesday afternoons and since I take Nancy to lunch on Tuesdays and for a drive when the weather is nice, she hasn't had her hair done in four or five weeks. It looks bad and I am quite sure it must feel terrible too. She says she goes down to get Nancy on Tuesday afternoons and she is always gone. That's true, of course, because I always take Nancy to lunch and when the weather is nice, for a long drive to get her out of that small apartment. There isn't really any real reason why she can't get Nancy on a different day except the woman is simply unreasonable. They don't have regular appointments and the woman just goes to their rooms to get them when she has an opening. But to accommodate her I am going to start going down on Mondays or Wednesday when I don't have game day or Bunco at the senior center on Wednesdays.  That will remove her excuse for not doing Nancy's hair. Grrr.

I am going to write letters to Gene and Billie Jo and Chris this morning and send the three of them a bulletin with the announcements and the prayer list. I realize yesterday was Mother's Day and Chris probably spent his day with his mother and Billie Jo with her family but Gene is usually there and he wasn't this time. I will just tell them they were missed.

I got those letters finished and ready to go out with the mail.

It's 6:05AM now and I am going to try to catch "the weather on the 8's".

More later... 

Both cats were out there waiting for their breakfast so I took their food out there. I also managed to catch "the weather on the 8's ".

Today calls for 89 degrees and partly cloudy and windy,Tuesday  will be 90 degrees and sunny. Wednesday 90 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday  90 degrees and partly cloudy and Friday 86 degrees and cloudy, Saturday 83 degrees and thunderstorms and Sunday 77 degrees and mostly sunny. That's the week this week. 

More even later... 

I had a lovely candle in the mail today probably for Mother's Day but there was no return address on it so I don't know which child sent it to me. It's probably either Scott and Ginger or Keith and Esther  but I don't have a clue which one. Leslie had sent me flowers. It turns out Ginger sent the candle. She is so thoughtful! I e-mailed her and thanked her for it. I will send her a thank you card too. I have that out on the mailbox for Michael to pick up tomorrow. 

I went down to visit Nancy today and I brought her back to Caney to see the damage from the fire in the business across the alley just east of the Blackledge building. Then we drove around Caney so she could see her house and the various neighborhoods. Then I took her to lunch at Eggbert's and then back to Bartlesville to the assisted living place where she now lives. I got back home at 1:46PM. I also bought gas while I was down there.

I have read in my Kindle this afternoon and finished another book. It's 7:31 PM now and I am going to take my bath.Then I will download another book and read until bedtime...about 9:00PM.

I dry cleaned the floor mats on my car. They had become dirty and I had some carpet cleaner for the car so I cleaned on it.

I didn't see the cats this evening although I see my landlord and his wife are back to the duplex here.

Yes, and Scruff did come to eat supper all by herself.  I fed her and when she finished, I took the cat food back into the garage. 

I put away the Kindle and am ready to go to bed. It is 9:06PM now and time for bed.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Hope your visit with Nancy goes well.

Margie's Musings said...

It went well. She is always so appreciative of anything I do for her.

pat m said...

The place I live we make appointments, for those who are forgetful or need assistance the hair dresser calls the lobby and an aid brings them down.