Thursday, May 12, 2022

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept well again last night since I took two Melatonin tablets when I went to bed. I was up shortly before 5:00AM and made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day.  As usual, I am having my breakfast here in the den. I will clean the apartment this morning. and later this afternoon Krystal will mow the grass for me. I hope it doesn't rain. That is forecast for tomorrow. But this is Kansas and anything is possible.

I must remember to go to the Caney Drug store here and pick up the hearing aid batteries they ordered for me yesterday and they are supposed to be in this afternoon. I put the last one I had in yesterday afternoon. They usually last a week. I went ahead and ordered a packet of 16 and that should last me awhile. 

I want to get my coffeecake mix today. I hope the Caney Market reordered them. If not, I will have to go out of town to get it. I want to bake it for Sunday the 22nd 's celebration of Matthew's graduation from high school after church on that Sunday. Matthew is Leeann's second son. Her oldest one graduated last year. Leslie has ordered a special cake for the occasion from the Laurel Street bakery in Independence.

I will go check out the "weather on the 8's" now and since it's after 6:00AM, I will also see if the cats are out there for their breakfast.

Both cats were out there so I took their food out to them and when they finished eating and left, I took it back in the garage and covered it again.

The forecast for today is 91 degrees and sunny, tomorrow is to be 85 degrees and thunderstorms, Saturday 87 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday 83 degrees and thunderstorms, Monday 82 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday 86 degrees and partly cloudy and Wednesday 88 degrees and partly cloudy. Not much different from yesterday's forecast.

I have the mopping of the bare floors finished and have vacuumed the bedroom and hall and den. Now I am going to rest before I tackle the living room and dining room.  Pushing that new sweeper around is exhausting but if I rest before I do the last two rooms I can get it done eventually. At least I don't have to let the sweeper cool down over night like I did my vacuum sweeper. I will just sit here and rest a few minutes.

Scruff came back for more breakfast before I started the cleaning again  and I took the cat food back out for her. She ate what she wanted and then I put it away in the garage and covered it again.

I will get back to the cleaning in a little while.

I got the living room finished and still have the dining room rug to do and the dusting. I will rest awhile again and drink some water. Pushing the sweeper around over that thick carpet really wears me out but if I take my time and rest every once in awhile, I can handle it. Getting old is not for sissies! :)

..it's 8:50AM now.

It's 9:06AM now and all I lack is the dusting. I will wait awhile to do that. I have the rest of the day.

I finally got the dusting done too.

It's almost 11:00AM and I have been reading for a couple of hours. In a little while I will heat up some of that Chicken Alfredo that Stephen and Dee Anna brought me yesterday. It will make a nice lunch!

It made a great lunch..very tasty!!

I went to the market to get my coffee cake mix. They will order it.

Right now the wholesaler is out of them. They will  try again this Sunday. I need to go up to the Caney Drug store and see if my hearing aide batteries came in this afternoon.

So more even later.  

Krystal came and mowed and after she finished and left, I trimmed again.

I still need to go up to Caney Drug and get those hearing aide batteries I had better do that now before they close. It's 4:50PM now.

I got there in time to get my hearing aide batteries. They don't close until 6:00PM.

I will read awhile and at 7:00PM, I will take my bath, put my pajamas on and watch TV or read more. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM. 

No comments: