Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Wednesday and A Hair Appointment

I was up shortly before 5:00AM this morning and had slept well. I checked my checking account and my social security had come in so I transferred $100 into my savings account. I want to build my savings back up after all the expense of the past few months. Between the crown and the car repair I had spent over two thousand dollars out of my savings. I have to get it built back up over time.

I am eating my breakfast now in here in the den as usual. 

My hair appointment is at 9:00AM in Coffeyville so I will leave here about 8:15AM. It's 5:50AM now so I have quite a bit of time.. I will need to go to the market sometime today too. And I need to get some of that Omeprazole for my stomach.  I will need to go to either Walmart or the Dollar General store to get that. Dr. Christensen does not want me taking Tums or Rolaids. If I eat too much or something too spicy, my stomach acts up and I have indigestion. 

More later..I will go check "the weather  on the 8's" and on the cats. They may be out there this morning.

No cats yet and that's strange. It's 6:21AM. I did catch the weather forecast though. Today is to be 89 degrees and clouds, Thursday will be 91 degrees and mostly sunny, Friday is to be 86 degrees and isolated thunderstorms, Saturday is to be 87 degrees and mostly sunny, and Sunday 83 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 84 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday is to be 84 degrees and mostly cloudy.  

The cats both finally came for their breakfasts and I took their food out to them and they ate their fill and left and then I took the food back into the garage and covered it.

I will try to find some news now. It's 7:10AM. So, more later..

I watched the news until 8:15AM and then I left for Coffeyville and my hair appointment. I stopped at the bank first and then went on to Sonic and bought a medium cherry limeade slush. Then I went on the get my hair done. Next I went out to their Walmart store and bought $70.00 worth of groceries. ...mostly things the Caney Market doesn't carry. 

Then I came on back home and put away those groceries. Suzanne came  while I was doing that and brought me a stack of newspapers. So I will have plenty to read for awhile. I gave her back that little bag with the container in it that contained the delicious chicken and noodles she brought me a couple of weeks ago.

At about 12:30PM, I went out to our Sonic and ordered the kid's Wacky Pack with chicken strips and french fries and a tiny Coke. On Wednesday's that costs $2.18. I often get it for my lunch on Wednesdays. I always give Jody  (the car hop) a $1. tip when I do that. When I washed my car down at Bartlesville on Monday, While I was vacuuming it out, I saw a Sonic gift card on the ground there and picked it up. So today I asked Jody to check and see if it had any credit left on it. There was evidently enough to pay for that Wacky Pack. I don't know how much more it might have on it but I put it back in my envelope. Next time I am at a Sonic, I will try to use it and will see. 

I texted Krystal to see if she was still planning to mow this afternoon. She said something had come up and asked if she could do it tomorrow. I wonder when she was going to tell me. I told her that would be fine. Friday is supposed to be isolated thunderstorms so I hope she gets it done tomorrow. 

 More even later...

Stephen and Dee Anna came over and brought me some of the casserole they had had catered for their daughter's college graduation party. That was really nice of them to think of sharing that with me. I will have some of it for lunch tomorrow and maybe for a couple of days...or more.  It looks really good.  They are really nice and thoughtful folks!

I am about ready to take my bath now. Then I will put my pajamas on and my robe and read some more until 9:00PM, my bedtime.

No comments: