Friday, July 22, 2022

Friday and Lunch With Denise

I had another good night's sleep last night and once again I only woke up once in the night. I was up at 5:00AM, as usual. I made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I slept well last night under my new fan. It circulated the air for me.

I hope to see Scruff today. I never did see her yesterday and I hope she is alright. This heat can kill people and probably animals too. I imagine Blondie's owner had kept him inside because he didn't eat very much yesterday. I try to keep fresh water out there too when I water the flowers.

I am eating my breakfast here in the den as usual.  I will leave about 11:00AM for Coffeyville to pick up my niece, Denise, for lunch. I haven't seen her in a long while. Dee, her daughter, has her car in the shop tomorrow since both their cars are down at this time. When Dee's is fixed, Denise will get hers fixed next. She still drives that 2001 Honda Civic I sold her after she and Terry wrecked theirs. I am not sure what Dee drives. I have lost track of her. I will catch up on my family today at lunch.

It is 6:00AM now and I will go check on the weather forecast and the cats.

So more later.....

Scruff was out there this morning and I am so glad. I don't see Blondie yet this morning. She is looking around for him though.  She is eating like she is very hungry.

And I caught the weather too as I came back in the living room with the laptop.

Today is to be 101degrees here and partly cloudy. Saturday 105 degrees and sunny, Sunday 108 and mostly sunny, Monday 106 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday 105 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be  105 degrees and mostly sunny,  Thursday is to be 95 degrees and partly cloudy. Not much relief from the heat.

Scruff has eaten her fill and is gone now. She sometimes lays under the hedge and comes back for more food a little later. That may be where she is now. I am going to take water out for the flowers in the front and I will check. Blondie never did come.

Sure enough..she is back out there eating more again. I will wait until she is finished before I go water the front.  In the meantime, I will water the back flowerbed.

I watered the back yard flowerbed and picked up several dozen leaves from the neighbor to the south's tree. I can always use the bending exercise.  Scruff was just in the back yard too. She had crawled under the fence and left when I began watering the flowers.

I came in and sure enough, Scruff was back in front eating more. I still have not seen Blondie.

Kelly just texted me and asked me to go to breakfast. I had had breakfast much earlier so I had to take a rain check.

But I had better get that cat food in the garage before the ants take it over. 

As soon as Scruff saw me pick it up, she came back to it to eat some more. As soon as she left though I brought it in the garage. The ants had already found it.

 More even later..

May be an image of 1 person and flower 

This is my daughter at a party they held for her when she retired June 30th.

And this is her with her ornery husband  at that party.

May be an image of 2 people, people sitting and indoor

More Later....

I just got home from having lunch with Denise. It was a good lunch and a good visit. It's 2:31PM now. We will do it again another time. 

Keith called at 4:15PM and visited with me until he got home from work. He leaves tomorrow for Honduras. He will probably be gone a couple of weeks.

Then they will send him somewhere else....probably right away.

I will take my bath at 6:30PM and read until bedtime. I intend to go to bed about 10:00 at the latest.

I watched the CBS evening news and now I will take my bath and get my pajamas on and read until bedtime.

 

 

4 comments:

Suemn said...

Isn't that something that cats have habits of when and where to eat? My dog is always reminding me when it's time for him to eat but I didn't know cats had habits like that too. I'm glad little Scruff is back.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too,Suemn.I was afraid the heat had got her.

ChuckFu said...

Not tomorrow Next Saturday

DrumMajor said...

Glad you're placing water for the cats. Scruff sounds like a high-class two-course meal cat. Linda in Kansas