Thursday, July 21, 2022

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept well again last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I will clean the apartment today. Before I begin, I will check the weather report and the cats. I am having my breakfast here in the den right now.

As soon as it gets light I will water all the plants. It will be well over 100 degrees again today and I am trying my best to keep them alive. I believe it's almost a losing battle. Another losing battle is my allergies. I don't take anything for them anymore because the different meds tend to make me very drowsy. If I want to get anything done, I need all the energy I can muster.

I did some trimming on the smaller branches on the west side tree yesterday evening. I really need to ask John to come trim some of the limbs back. They hang down and interfere with the mowing. The front tree could also need some help too. He trimmed it a couple of years ago but it is also hanging down too low again. I don't know if Stephen has a chain saw or not. If he does, he might do it. Next time I see him, I will ask.

I missed the weather report and the cats were not out there yet either. That's strange....it's 6:32AM and they are usually here by now. I hope they are alright because in this heat they have no place cool to go. 

More later... 

Well, Blondie finally came and he is out there eating but I haven't seen anything of Scruff. I am hoping to catch the weather forecast next time it comes on. If it comes on at 6:48, I want to be ready.

I caught the weather report at 6:48AM and it's not good. Today is to be 104 degrees and partly cloudy, tomorrow is to be 99 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 105 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be 108 degrees and mostly sunny,  Monday 105 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday 103 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday 102 degrees and partly cloudy.  The only day in the next week that is to be under 100 degrees is Friday..tomorrow. I will hate to see my electric bill.

I should start mopping if I'm going to clean. I still don't see Scruff out there. I will leave the door open so I can watch for her. I will bring the cat food in the kitchen.

I got all the bare floors mopped and the bedroom, hall and den vacuumed. I have the living room and dining room rugs yet to do but I better rest awhile first.

I never did see Scruff this morning. I am concerned about her and this heat.

I balanced my checkbook this morning. I had entered one charge twice. I fixed that and now it balances. 

I went out back and swept off my small slab outside my back door and the small rug by the back door.  I also did Stephen's. His had a lot of grass on it too. He mowed a couple of days ago and hasn't been back since. 

More Later... I had better get back to my vacuuming...

I got the vacuuming done and have only the dusting to do now. I will do that in the morning. I am too tired to do it today. It's only  8:29AM and I feel like I have done a day's work. 

 More even later...

I just talked to my niece, Denise, on the phone. Bob Avery's older sister, Betty Nance, died yesterday. She was 97 years old....ten years older then Bob. She was very nice. Bob used to go to Independence and visit her. Sometimes I went too. I should go look at a Reporter and see if her obit is in there.

I am picking up Denise for lunch tomorrow. Her car is not working and neither is Dee's. I imagine she is having Dee's fixed and after that she will have hers fixed.  I imagine she is paying for both of them. Dee is working part time at the Independence college's cafeteria.  But Denise says she is making $12.00 an hour there. But she is still classified as part time.

Stephen got a hold of me on text on my phone and said he would trim my trees next week. That's really good. I won't have to ask John to do it.

I've been reading again and finally went to the market to get water again. I only had one bottle left. I ate the other half of Saturday's club sandwich for my lunch.

I went out to Sonic halfway through the afternoon and bought a frosty. I wanted something cold and smooth.

Then I read the rest of the afternoon. I finished my latest book at 5:00PM.

Now I am waiting for the CBS evening news. It comes on at 5:30PM.

I will take my bath at 7:00 and get my pajamas on. I may get into the book I checked out at the library yesterday.

I tested the new bedroom ceiling fan this afternoon and it will be great for circulating the heat and air. I missed that feature when I moved here from the fourplex in Coffeyville. 

More even later.

I plan to go to bed between 9:00PM and 10:00PM


2 comments:

Suemn said...

Hi Margie, I hope Scruff turns up for the next meal. My electric bill will be more than last month too due to the Central Air that has been running in this heatwave. The good news is that the bill won't be as much as my heating bill.

Margie's Musings said...

I hope she shows up too. She didn't even this evening. I am hoping for tomorrow morning. The heat could have got her.It was 105 today.