Saturday, July 23, 2022

Saturday and No Particular Plan

I slept well again last night. The new fan is really helpful. It doesn't make any noise but just the circulating of the air helps me sleep. I was up at my usual 5:00AM, dressed and got myself ready for the day. I am having my breakfast here in the den as usual.

It's a little after 6:00AM now and beginning to get light. In a little bit I will go turn on "the weather on the 8's" and see if anything changes in the forecast. I will also check on the cats and water my plants. Same basic routine, it seems, every day.

More Later... 

I  got the TV on just in time for the weather forecast so I got a photo of it on my phone. Then I opened the door and found Scruff waiting for her breakfast. I took it out to her. Again, I did not see Blondie. He must be staying close to home. 

Today is forecast to be 104 degrees and sunny. Sunday will be 107 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday 103 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday 107 degrees and mostly cloudy, Wednesday 102 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday 94 degrees and isolated thunderstorms and  Friday 90 degrees and AM thunderstorms. Having some rain would be terrific! At least it would cool it into the 90's. We are also under a heat advisory.

I went out to bring in the cat food and Scruff came back to eat some more. After she finished that time, I took the cat food in. I don't want the ants to get into it. The ants did not find it yet. I just set it on the counter in the kitchen for now.

I went out to water the plants in the front and Blondie showed up for his breakfast. I finished my watering and then took the cat food back out for him. Of course, Scruff decided to eat some more too. Now they are both out there eating. I hadn't seen Blondie in a few days.

They finished eating and I took the cat food into the garage and covered it up.


Then I went out back to water that flowerbed. I noticed there were a couple of dozen leaves from my south neighbor's tree in my yard again. So I bent over and picked them all up and dropped them into his yard on the other side of the fence. The bending exercise is good for me. If it weren't so hot this year, I would walk some again. But when it's in the 90's and 100's I had better wait until fall to do that.

Now I will watch the 7:00 AM CBS weekend news. 

It's 8:04AM now and I have been watching the CBS weekend news.

I guess I will get back to my book for awhile.  

I have been reading all morning. Now it is 11:30AM and I am having a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my lunch...lots of protein...and sugar.

Later I may go up to the corner of 4th and the highway to Mr.G's  and get a small butter pecan flurry for dessert....more sugar. I have lost several pounds so I can blow myself to one.

I did do that....it was very good.

Then I will get back to my book. 

I had a problem with the desktop computer. It was frozen and I couldn't get the mouse to even make contact. Finally I just had to give it a cold reboot and it took a long time to reload but when it finally did, it was working again. Maybe the reboot was what fixed it.

That's very important  because that's the only computer that will print. The laptop no longer will operate the printer even though it is on "share" and it used to always print too. Of course it's an antique. It's the first and only printer I have ever had. I think I got my first computer and printer in 1997 or maybe even earlier.

I just finished another murder mystery book and it's 3:45PM. It's 102 degrees out there now. 

A pretty large tree branch broke off the tree on the northwest side of my yard. I pulled it out of the street and onto the front yard near the curb. Stephen, my friend and landlord, will come tomorrow sometime and trim those low hanging limbs off the trees and take the limbs somewhere to get rid of them.

I went into the back yard twice this afternoon and picked up all the leaves and tossed them over the fence to the yard to the south of mine.The leaves came from their trees. Most of the leaves were on the east side of my back yard.

Bending over is a good exercise for me.

It's 5:45PM now and in a little while I will take my bath. 

So more even later....

I am going to take my bath now. It is 6:40PM and I am very tired! I finished another book this afternoon.

I plan to go to bed about 9:00PM or maybe a little later. I am charging my Kindle now but I have that book I checked out at the Coffeyville library on Wednesday.

No comments: