Monday, July 25, 2022

Monday and a Visit With Nancy

I slept longer last night. I think it was 5:20AM before I got up this morning. I made my bed and got myself ready for the day.. Then I went to the living room and opened the front door to find both cats out there waiting for me to bring out their breakfast. I took it out to them and Blondie appeared to finish first and left. I imagine he had been fed at home. Scruff is still out there. She is still eating from time to time but just sitting out under the hedge now letting what she has already eaten settle. I will leave it for awhile but I don't want the ants to find it.

It's only 6:31AM so the weather isn't on yet.  It didn't run after this latest commercial. Evidently I will have to wait until 6:38 for it. That's why they call it "the weather on the 8's". I only hope we will get rain this week as it was forecast yesterday.

Before it gets hot, I need to go out and pick up all those leaves from the trimming of the trees yesterday evening. I had raked them up into piles after Stephen finished.

It's 7:09AM and I got all those piles of leaves into a yard bag while it is still cooler. The yard looks much better and so do those trees.

I am eating my breakfast now...much later then usual.

So more later.... 

The weather just came on and I got it on my camera. 

Today is supposed to be 106 degrees and partly cloudy. It's a good thing I got those leaves picked up early. .

Tuesday is suppose to be 108 degrees and partly cloudy,  Wednesday is to be 101 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday 92 degrees and scattered thunderstorms. Friday 84 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Saturday 84 degrees and scattered thunderstorms. And Sunday 89 degrees and scattered thunderstorms. At least there is some rain in the forecast and a little cooler temps.

My next job is to water my plants. 

I got all my plants watered..both front and back and the two hanging plants too. That should do until this evening when I will water them again.The watering is the only thing keeping them alive at all. I am hoping we get the rain in the forecast later in the week. The yard is in terrible shape..dry and yellow and the ground is cracking everywhere. I am not watering. The City of Caney bill is already way too high.   

I balanced my checkbook this morning too.

It's 8:00AM now. I will leave for Bartlesville to visit Nancy at 10:00AM and take her to lunch today at noon. 

It's 9:21AM now.

I am starting a load of laundry...towels and underwear and my pajamas.. I will see it put in the dryer before I leave for Bartlesville. 

So more even later..


After I got my laundry in the dryer, I left for Bartlesville and to visit Nancy. We had a good visit and then at noon we went to lunch at their Eggbert's.

Then we went to a Dollar General store in Dewey and bought Nancy a new toothbrush and toothpaste. She had broken her toothbrush and was also out of toothpaste. Next week I will bring her back to Caney to have lunch. That way she can see all kinds of folks she has known all her life. She is so lonely and wants to go home badly. Of course, her house is for sale and besides, she would be in that large house alone. If anything happened to her she would not be able to get help. She will be 88 in November and she needs to be where she is....not alone. She doesn't even have a cell phone.

I have three kids who love me and care about me and call me at least every couple of weeks. I am so fortunate and I realize that. David is her only child and he never even calls her. He sees her once a year.

More even later... 

It's 7:31PM and I have just had my bath. I will read the book Bob Avery had borrowed from me about Coffeyville and plan to go to bed around 9:00PM.

Denise brought it back to me last week when we had lunch. Luckily it had my name in it.




No comments: