Saturday, July 30, 2022

Saturday and Rain

I  slept well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. It is 6:24AM now and I am dressed and ready for the day, It rained last night because the sidewalks are wet. I don't know how much rain we got because I evidently slept right through it.  It doesn't appear to be raining now.  I am here in the den having my breakfast.

I will go  turn on the TV and check on the cats now. I will get back to this in a little while. I checked on the cats and they were not out there. The street shows we had a little rain though not much. I missed the weather forecast but will get back in there before 6:38AM when the weather may be shown.

I finally reached "the weather on the 8's" and sure enough, we are forecast for rain today and tomorrow. It will be 80 degrees today with that rain, 91 degrees tomorrow with AM thunderstorms, Monday will be 97 degrees mostly sunny weather. Tuesday is to be back to 100 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 101 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 100 degrees and mostly sunny, Friday is to be 100 degrees and mostly sunny. That's the week ahead. Back to 100 degree weather and, of course, we will be into August by that time. 

Still no cats out there..... and it isn't raining right now. It's 7:01AM now.

And I balanced my checkbook again. Thank goodness!! And it's raining again! Thank goodness even more!!

I have been watching the Saturday CBS news. I much prefer the weekend CBS news and evening CBS news. I don't care for the morning CBS news during the week. After that I prefer Good Morning America on Saturdays. I don't care for the local channel 6 news either. I guess I prefer network news. So much for my news preferences...:)

I still have not seen any of the cats.. but of course, it's raining again.

I wrote the August rent check and took it over to Stephen's apartment. It's not due until the 1st but I wanted to get it paid before I spent it inadvertently.

It continues to rain here..thank goodness. I see the rain is running over the guttering. The guttering must be full of leaves. It's sure not draining through the downspout.

More even later.. .It's 8:11AM now.

I read until about 11:00AM and then I went to the Caney Market and bought bread and juice. I was completely out of bread and nearly out of juice. It is       still raining so I took my umbrella. It was awkward balancing that while carrying two sacks of  groceries. I tried to call Denise, my niece, to see if she would like have lunch at Coffeyville's Eggbert's again but she was not home  I just decided to fix a TV dinner here at home. It is still raining although not hard....but steady.. and has all morning. I will definitely not have to water today.

I will just eat a frozen meal and then get back to my book on the Kindle.

Denise finally called me and I told her I couldn't reach her earlier. She says she often just doesn't hear her phone when she isn't in the same room. She had already eaten earlier because she had had an early breakfast. She took a rain- check. We will do it another day.

So more even more later... 

I got back to my book and finished it. I think for a change, I will do a picture puzzle again. I have plenty of them that Carol sent to me and one or two that I got at the senior center.

I don't know that I have ever had to give up on a jigsaw puzzle before, But this one was impossible. I took out the border first and as usual I brought the picture of what t was supposed to look like and separated out the colors and then began to put the border together. None of the border pieces fit together nicely and no matter which ones I tried to fit together, none of them did. After two hours, I finally just gave up and put it away. I was very frustrated with it. I will just download another book and go back to reading. It's 4:34PM now and I will just wait  until 5:30PM and catch the CBS evening news.

I ended up just having a TV dinner and that filled me up.  And the rain has stopped now. The sun is not out yet but it's overcast out there.

More even later..

I have been watching a TV show I had recorded. It's 6:35PM now and I will soon take my bath and put my pajamas on and perhaps read again until my bedtime at 9:00PM. I downloaded two new books on my Kindle.

How about that! Scruff finally came this evening and evidently was very hungry! She ate quite a bit very fast and then disappeared again. I brought the food in the garage before the ants found it. 

It's 8:35PM and I am tired and think I will just go on to bed.I haven't done very much of anything today but I am already tired so I will just go on to bed. 

 

No comments: