Sunday, July 24, 2022

Sunday and Church

I slept well again last night. That ceiling fan seems to help. It circulates the air and for some reason, that helps me sleep.

I am having my breakfast here in the den. I was up at 5:00AM as usual. I have dressed and got myself ready for church. I weighed this morning and I have lost nine pounds this summer. It must be the heat. And at camp, I asked to be served a serving like it was for a five year old. Anyway that may have helped me to not gain weight that week. That was my intent anyhow.

It's 5:56AM right now. As soon as it gets light out I will go water the flowers, check the weather forecast and see to the cats...if they are out there. I hope we have a decent sized group at church today. Afterward I will see if Phyllis wants to go to Just Us for lunch. Then I will come back home. Stephen will be coming this afternoon to trim those trees back.

Last night I had a Cox Complete Care tech download on both computers so I could change my e-mail password. It quit working yesterday evening.  I think it's working this morning and I will check that out in a minute.

Sure enough...it's working fine this morning.

More Later.... 

Today we are under a heat advisory.Today will be 106 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday will be 105 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is forecast for 107 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 101 degrees and isolated thunderstorms, Thursday 93 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Friday 86 degrees and showers, Saturday 87 degrees and scattered thunderstorms. That end of the week sounds hopeful for a break in the heat.

Scruff came for breakfast this morning. I haven't seen Blondie yet this morning. She ate awhile and then went under the hedge to rest and will probably come back and eat some more if I go out there to take in the cat food.

It's 6:32AM  right now and I will leave for church about  10:00AM. I will want to check for any need to clean a little. It sets empty all week but the walks always need to be swept and some small bugs usually get in under the door to the hall.

Sure enough..she came back for more food. She is looking around for Blondie but he has not come this morning.....at least not yet.

I will leave the laptop in the den this morning. 

Blondie finally came for his breakfast and Scruff came back again to join him. They are out there together eating now. I also went out and picked up some more leaves from the back yard and watered both front and back flowerbeds. I know the picking up leaves is a lost cause but it is good exercise for me. Besides it's not hot yet this morning.

It's 8:50AM and I am sneezing my head off. My allergies are going crazy this morning and I am keeping the Kleenex box busy. I will leave here at 10:00AM and go to the church to check it out.

So more even later..

I left a little early to get gas at Woodshed in South Coffeyville.   It was $3.99 for a change..a little bit lower then usual. 

Then I went on out to church and did some cleaning. There were quite a few bugs that had crawled under the door. I swept those out of the foyer and also off the walk.

Leslie gave a great presentation on the Spectacular, (complete with videos and photos), that she had attended in Lamona, Iowa at Graceland University this past week as a sponsor. There were 200 kids that attended. Before the pandemic, there were 1,000 that attended. But they didn't hold it the past two years because of the pandemic. All that attended had to wear face masks and be fully vaccinated. But they all had a wonderful time! The theme was "Together"!

Phyllis and I went to Just Us for lunch and had a fine dinner. 

I am anticipating Stephen coming to take care of the tree limb situation. He is going to trim off the low hanging limbs. They interfere with the person mowing. 

I don't know when he gets off work.

I sent out letters to the members of the congregation who were missing at church today. I usually send bulletins with them but we did not have bulletins because of the nature  of the service. There were five missing.

It's 5:19PM and I have been reading my library book this afternoon. In a little while I will watch 60 Minutes or record it to watch later.

So more later...

Stephen came after his work and trimmed up both trees. He did a good job. After he finished I went out and did some raking. I may pick up the piles after it cools off tomorrow evening. It got dark this evening before I could get the piles picked up and put in a yard bag.  I will take my bath now and get my pajamas on and my robe and get back to my book. Maybe I can clean  that up tomorrow evening before dark. I have some plastic gloves I can wear to pick up the piles of leaves. Or I might just mow them and empty the mower bag into the yard bag. I will work that out tomorrow.

I will be going to Bartlesville to visit Nancy tomorrow.

 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Noticed this morn gas was 3.79 at Walmart. Hope it continues Togo down in price.

Margie's Musings said...

That's an even better price then Woodshed!!