Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Tuesday and A New Webcam

 I slept well again last night. The new fan seems to make all the difference in the world. I was just up one time in the night, took my meds and got right back to sleep. I dressed and got myself ready for the day and am having my breakfast here in the den.

I don't really have a plan for today. I used to see Nancy on Tuesday but the beautician there at Green Country Village where she lives now wants to do her hair on Tuesday afternoon so several weeks ago, I changed my visiting day to Monday. Unfortunately the woman either won't work her in or Nancy is sleeping and is not dressed and refuses to get around and go to the beauty parlor. That may be correct. She is always asleep when I go to visit  her and I have to wake her up and have her get dressed so we can visit and then go eat somewhere. 

But Leslie and John are going to come by this morning and Leslie is going to help me install the new webcam on the desktop computer. I can't hold the computer and plug in the webcam at the same time because the console sets in a cabinet with doors. They are going to go to Bartlesville to Lowe's and I am on the way.

The laptop computer can no longer open Zoom for some strange reason. It can't find it when I try to open it. It was working fine for months but suddenly it doesn't recognize Zoom. I don't know what changed. I have been having to use the desktop computer and the webcam I bought for it just months ago burned out for some reason. Always a mystery.

More later..I had better go check on the cats. It's 6:09AM now and they are probably out there waiting. 

Sure enough they were both out there so I took their food out to them and got back in the living room in time to get "the weather on the 8's". It will be 108 degrees today and partly cloudy. Wednesday will be 101 degrees and partly cloudy and Thursday will be 92 degrees with scattered thunderstorms, and Friday will be 84 degrees with scattered thunderstorms, Saturday is forecast for 84 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, and Sunday is to be 89 degrees and scattered thunderstorms. Maybe we will get some relief from this heat.

Both cats have eaten and are gone. Scruff is probably under the hedge and will come back for more in time. I don't want the ants in that cat food so I will keep my eye on it.

I brought the cat food into the garage and covered it. The ants were going to get in it. 

I watered the plants...both flowerbeds and the two hanging plants. 

More later....

I don't know when John and Leslie will be here. It's only 8:15AM and Lowe's doesn't open for awhile. It may be 10:00AM until they come or even later. 

I am having another sneezing occurrence. I may have sneezed 12 times one right after another.  I am allergic to this world.

It's 8:17AM right now. More later..

Leslie got my new webcam installed on the desktop. She tried to download a new version of Zoom on the laptop but it still would not recognize Zoom...even the new one. So at least I have one with a webcam on the desktop.

We went to Copan Restaurant for lunch afterward. I wanted to buy lunch since she did all that work for me. She finally let me.

Now I will go back to my book after I open my junk mail.

More later....

I finished my book and went to bed around 10:00PM

 

2 comments:

DrumMajor said...

Yep, maybe I'm allergic to the world too! Linda in Kansas

Margie's Musings said...

More of us then just you and me are, Linda!