Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Wednesday and Game Day at the Senior Center

I slept well again last night and was up at 5:00AM.I made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I will get my hair done at 9:00AM this morning and then go Wal Mart and get three groceries I can't get at the Caney Market and then to the library to take their book back and to read until time for game day at the senior center at 1:00 PM.

It's 6:00AM now and the cats may be out there waiting for their breakfast. I will go check in a little while and also turn on the TV and watch for "the weather on the 8's". 

I will get back to this in a little while.

More later.... 

Both cats were out there waiting for their breakfast so I took their food out to them. Blondie didn't eat very much and was gone. I imagine he eats at home and just uses my cat food for dessert...or to spite Scruff. She ate more but is gone to lie under hedge where it is cooler now. If I take it in, she will come back out to eat more.  I hope the ants don't find it soon.

The weather forecast didn't run at 6:28 so I will need to wait to try to get it again at 6:38AM. It didn't run on 6:28AM either. I will have to wait and see is it comes on at 6:48AM. 

I caught it this time. Today's forecast is to be 98 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday's is to be 92 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Friday's is to be 82 degrees and thunderstorms, Saturday's is to be 80 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Sunday's is to be 90 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Monday's is to be 95 degrees and partly cloudy, 99 degrees and partly cloudy.

It sounds like we will finally get some rain this week....starting tomorrow.

I just watered both flowerbeds and the two hanging plants too. It's 82 degrees now at 7:11AM. 

I left at 8:15AM for the beauty shop. I stopped first at Sonic and bought a cherry limeade slush. It was plenty hot out. Then I went to my appointment with Toni. 

From the beauty shop  I went out to Walmart and bought the three things I needed and could not get at the Caney Market.

I need to go out to the Dollar Dollar General store here and get breakfast bars. I ate the last one I had this morning before I had my oatmeal. And that was the last of my oatmeal at breakfast this morning. I bought the Oatmeal Variety Pack at Walmart along with my facial cleanser.

I killed some time looking around in the two antique malls. About 12:30, I went to the Senior Center and read where it was cool until 1:00PM and game day started. We had a good time. There were four of us. Karan won all three games. This was her 80th birthday. After that, I came on back home.

More later.... 

It's 6:47PM and I am going to take my bath. Then I may read some more until 9:00PM or so. 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Glad you go to see Nancy. Your post about her made me realize how lucky I am. Being old is hard but being old and alone is the saddest story.

Margie's Musings said...

And especially if your son has you put in assisted living against your will and takes all your money and your debit card too. That's a real bummer..