Friday, August 19, 2022

Friday and a Back to School Party

I slept better last night but still awoke at 4:00AM. Finally I just got up and made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day.  I fixed my breakfast and as usual, am eating it here in the den. 

We have that Back to School party for the kids this afternoon at 6:00PM at the church. I will fix my coffeecake and take that for my treat. I will also take my Wahoo game in case they want to play that again. It's been a couple of years but I taught Leeann's boys how to play it at the last Back to School party we had and they may be interested in doing it again or maybe my two great granddaughters will. I taught them years ago. Anyhow I will have it there just in case. Two of Leeann's sons are in Coffeyville Community College this year. Leslie and John's granddaughter, Maia, is in middle school. I forget what year Cheyenne is in. I will have to ask her. It may be fourth or even fifth. They grow up so fast.

I will go over a little early to get some more oatmeal in the variety pack at Wal Mart.

I will go check out "the weather on the 8's"... and a little later..the cats.

Later this morning I will check with Joanne Stoner and see if she got moved to Independence alright.

I turned on the TV just in time to catch the weather forecast. Here it is...

Today is to be 95 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday is to be 95 degrees too and partly cloudy, Sunday is forecast for 90 degrees and mostly cloudy, Monday is to be 93 and partly cloudy, Tuesday 93 degrees and mostly sunny, Wednesday is to be 93 degrees and mostly sunny, and Thursday is to  be 94 degrees and sunny....no rain in that forecast! Darn!

 It's 6:04AM now and no cats yet.

It's 6:50AM now and when I opened the door this time there were  two hungry cats waiting for their breakfast so I took it out to them. Blondie was in so much of a hurry to eat that he choked on the food and coughed and coughed to get it down. I thought I might have to pat on his back to help him get it either up or down. But he finally did it by coughing.

More Even Later...the cats are finished and gone now. I will go bring the food in soon. I sure don't want the ants to find it. 

Scruff is back eating more again. She must know if she doesn't get plenty, I will take it back to the garage and cover it. And when she finished I did that.

More Even Later...

I have been picking up leaves in my front yard. I have been doing that all summer in the back yard usually when it's cooler in the early morning or evening. It is good bending exercise for me. I need all the exercise I can get. I do so much sitting around reading.

I watered the flowerbeds again this morning too. We didn't get enough rain to do them much good. 

It is 9:50AM now and I guess I will read.

I have been reading all morning and it's now 12:38PM. I need to find something to eat for lunch. It may be a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. 

It was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. They are always good when you have nothing else as an option. :) I can't handle any more frozen dinners for awhile.

More later....

It's 4:12PM now and I have been reading this afternoon. I just put the coffeecake in the oven fifteen minutes ago. It still has 25 yet Minutes to bake...maybe a little more. It's in a glass baking dish and that takes a little longer. I will test it with a toothpick. If I have a little powdered sugar I will fix an icing for it.

I went out in the back yard again and picked up the new leaves that had dropped from my south neighbor's tree this afternoon. 

I got home from the Back to School party at 8:45PM...without incident! There were 11 kids there and they all seemed to have a good time! Leeanne did a good job with them too. Leslie and Karan were there too and everyone helped clean up.

Now I will take my bath and get ready to go to bed. Hopefully, I will sleep better tonight.



 

1 comment:

Debbie V. said...

I always enjoy "Back to School" time of year. Good memories of that first day of school, new notebooks, pens, dresses, lunchboxes.