Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Wednesday and Bunco

I had a terrible night's sleep last night. I woke up at 2:00AM and lay there wide awake until 3:00AM when I got up to take two Melatonin tablets. This time that did no good at all. I tried everything... even counting my breaths, but not even that worked and it usually does. I couldn't get my mind turned off so I could sleep. Finally at 4:15AM, I just got up and made the bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I will get my hair done this morning at 9:00AM and then go to the library and read my Kindle until time to go to Bunco at the senior center.

I see my phone has updated this morning automatically. That's the second time it's done that since I got it.

It's still dark outside so I don't know whether it rained any more last night or not. It's 5:20AM now. 

I will check my bank account and then turn on the TV and wait for "the weather on the 8's"  to come on. But before that, I will fix my breakfast.

I have my breakfast here now and will finish it before I go check on the weather and the cats.  

I saw in yesterday's Reporter that Caney is under water restrictions. We are not to water our yards and we are supposed to be cautious in using our water and not waste any.

I caught the weather forecast just in time to get a photo of it. Today is forecast for 81 degrees and cloudy,Tomorrow will be 89 degrees and mostly sunny, Friday is forecast for 94 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday is to be 91 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Sunday is forecast for  88 degrees and  isolated thunderstorms, Monday is to be 89 degrees and AM showers, and Tuesday is to be 89 degrees and AM showers.

That's the forecast for the next week...We'll see how much rain we actually receive.

So more even later... 

I left about 8:45AM to go to Coffeyville for my hair appointment  and stopped at the bank first and withdrew $50.00 for the week. Then I got my hair done and after that I stopped at Sonic and bought a medium cherry limeade slush. Then I sat in front of the library and drank it and read my Kindle until nearly 1:00PM when it was time to go to the senior center and play Bunco until 3:30PM. We had a good time and good treats.

When I got home both cats were out there wanting to be fed again so I took them out some food. When they finished, I put the food in the garage and covered it again.

Then I began to read my Kindle again and I decided to check out the fence in the back. This morning before I left for my appointment and Bunco, I noticed the fence appeared to be leaning south. So I went over to the other side of the fence and checked and it sure was. Next time Stephen is here, I'd like him to take a look at it. I'd hate to lose that fence but we had a terrific wind with that rain last night and it may have caused it to lean. The ground around it was already badly cracked from all the dry weather. There is even a loose board just inside my side of the south part of the fence.

It's 4:19PM now and I will read awhile again.

So More Later...

I see it's 7:46PM and I will take my bath now and get my pajamas and robe on. Then I will read again until 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed.

1 comment:

Gypsisoul1111 said...

Hi Margie, I read your blog a lot. I am trying to conserve water here too, and I like to water my few tomato plants and the bird baths. So I leave out a plastic tub under where my gutter leaks (ha ha ha) and then I cover that tub and use that water for plants and birds. It lasts a good few days! Hope that helps.