Saturday, August 20, 2022

Saturday and a Day of Rest

I slept well last night for a change and I feel so much more rested this morning. I was up at 5:00AM, made my bed, dressed, and got myself ready for the day as usual. As usual, I am having my breakfast here in the den. I am having the last of my oatmeal this morning. Later this morning I will check at Caney's market and see if they carry something similar to that I get at Walmart in the little variety packages.

The only thing I have planned for today is to go over the material for tomorrow's sermon and contact the congregation by text and encourage them to come to church tomorrow. I do that every Saturday. I always look forward to seeing each one there each Sunday and I tell them that. It never hurts to let folks know you care about them. All of us need to know how important we are to others. My church family is about the only extended family I have any more. I am the oldest in my family now. That's a strange feeling to know.

I have had my breakfast now and am just drinking my coffee. I will wash my dishes when I go into the living room to check on the weather forecast and the cats. They are soaking in the sink now.

More later...It's 6:45AM now and the cats are probably out there hungry. 

The cats came for their breakfast and ate and after they finished I put their food in the garage and covered it.

It took me until 7:18AM to finally see "the  weather on the 8's". Today is to be 97 degrees with AM thunderstorms, Sunday 91 degrees and clouds PM, Monday 93 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday 94 degrees and mostly sunny, Wednesday 95 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday 97 and sunny  and Friday 96 degrees and mostly sunny. The only rain is forecast for today but so far I haven't seen any.

I went out to pick up what few leaves there were in the back yard and noticed it was beginning to sprinkle. Maybe we will get some rain this morning.

It's 8:20AM now and it's raining nicely! I have been watching the CBS Saturday morning news and going through my phone and eliminating  extra photos. My phone tells me I have used too much memory. I figured it's too many photos.

May be an image of tree and grass 

At last...some rain!!

It's 9:30AM now and the rain has stopped.I hope that's not all but I guess it is.

More later....


I went up to Independence to buy a printer cartridge for my printer. While I was there, I bought the oatmeal I needed too.

Then I worked on the bulletin for September 4th and sent it on to Leslie.  I hope she got it.

It's 2:08PM now I have been downloading and installing my updates of Glary utilities on both computers. Then I could no longer open any of my programs on the laptop so I rebooted it. Poor old thing....it is years old and still running Windows 7 which is no longer being updated. Any how, after it reloaded, I was able to open my programs again.

I had popcorn for my supper this evening and watched "Lucky Dog" that I had recorded this morning. Then I read until 7:30PM when I took my bath and put my pajamas and robe on. I plan to read some more and go to bed at 9:00PM or a little later. It depends on how the latest book goes....and how tired I get. 

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Hope your sermon tomorrow is a blessing to the congregation.

Margie's Musings said...

I hope so too. Thanks for your hope. :)

Debbie V. said...

Glad to hear you got some rain :)