Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Tuesday and No Particular Plan

I slept well again last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM, made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day.  

I made my breakfast just a moment ago and am eating it here in the den. I will need to get some more oatmeal when I go to Coffeyville for Bunco tomorrow. I like to get the variety pack so I have a variety of flavors during the week. I will also have to get some more breakfast brew coffee. I used the last of what I had yesterday. When I pick up my treat for tomorrow's Bunco, I will get it at our market here. I also need some half and half for my coffee.

More later ...I want to check the forecast and see if we still have two days of rain in it. I will also check on the cats and see if they are waiting for their breakfast too.

Sure enough both cats were out there so I took their food out to them and when they finished eating I took the food back in the garage and covered it. I missed the forecast, I guess. Maybe it will be on in one minute at 6:48AM.

Sure enough...it was! Today is supposed to be 98 degrees and PM thundershowers, Wednesday 79 degrees and showers,Thursday 89 degrees and mostly sunny, Friday 83 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday 93 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday 86 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, and Monday 87 degrees and scattered thunderstorms. It will be interesting to see how much of the forecast rain actually happens.

Scruff keeps coming back for more food but I have taken it in to keep the ants out of it.  She has had plenty.

I will just stay in and read today. But I probably should go to the market early just in case we do get rain this afternoon. 

I went to the market and got the things I needed except for the half and half. They had none of that. Luckily I have some Coffeemate so I can use that.

I stopped by the post office and bought more stamps too. I really go through the stamps with my letters each week to those who are not at church. But I think it's worth it for them to know they are missed.  I also send them a bulletin for the announcements and prayer list.

I watered the back flowerbed and hanging plant earlier this morning.I am trying to keep my flowers alive! I haven't watered the front ones yet. I should probably do that. We have no assurance it will rain later today. They have been wrong before...plenty of times.

I went out to water the flowers in the front and when I came back to the door to come back in, there was a huge spider right by the door. Generally I don't kill anything but that spider was enormous and I certainly did not want it in the house so I took off my shoe and killed it. It was as large as my thumb. I have no idea what kind it was. It wasn't a tarantula. It wasn't that large and it wasn't hairy. I had never seen any like it. I've seen lots of tarantulas because Big Hill in Coffeyville had a lot of them. Anyhow, I won't have to worry about it now. And I did get the flowers watered.

About 2:30PM I went out to Eggbert's and had lunch. I couldn't deal with another frozen dinner. Then I came home and read all afternoon and finished my latest book. Then I had to plug in the Kindle again to recharge it. It is 5:05PM now...and still no rain.

I still have a couple of magazines to read too.

More even later....

I just checked outside just now and it is thundering. We may get some rain this evening after all. 

How about that! It is starting to rain out there.I just looked again.

It's almost time for my bath so I may as well take it.I won't need to water the flowers this evening after all. 

Perhaps more later ....

So far we have thunder but only enough rain to wet the concrete a little.

It's raining harder now but not really hard at least not yet.

I have had my bath and have my pajamas and robe on and it's 6:54PM. 

And I am charging the watch Ginger gave me for my birthday. I wear it at night because it lights up when I hold my arm up in the night and I can see the time. I wear the one Leslie gave me in the daytime. That way I can wear them both and neither goes to waste. I change them out after bath time.It's really raining now...lots of thunder and lightning and pouring down rain!

The police just issued a severe storm warning until 8:00PM this evening.

The storm seems to have passed here now. We got a lot of rain but as far as I can tell, no hail. Its 7:57PM now.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Looks like cooler weather is around the bend. I’m ready.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too! We are forecast for rain this evening. I hope we get it!!