Thursday, August 18, 2022

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I had another strange night of sleep. I went to bed at 9:00PM and slept soundly but woke up at 2:00AM again. I got up and went to the bathroom and took my meds and then went back to bed. But, once again, I couldn't shut my mind down. At 3:00AM, I got up and took three Melatonin tablets but that didn't help a bit. I could not get back to sleep. I counted my breaths...that usually works to get me back to sleep but not this time. Finally, at  4:00AM, I just got up. Just lying there for another hour was not going to do it. I got the bed made and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I got my breakfast made and am eating my oatmeal here in the den...as usual. It's 4:40AM now...much too early to check on the cats.

I intend to clean the apartment today..my usual Thursday job. 

I checked my ingredients for the coffeecake I plan to bake for tomorrow's "Back to School" party tomorrow evening at church at 6:00PM. Leeann says there are eight kids coming. I have everything I need to make up that coffeecake. I will also take my Wahoo board and marbles.

My thumb is not sore this morning. I am happy about that. It's still swollen as usual. I could take some Aleve for that inflammation but that's not good for my stomach so I will just deal with it. If that's all I have to be concerned about, it's not a big deal. My knees, now, that's a different concern. They are only sore when I try to stand without having something to push myself up with..like the arms of my chair. Old age is certainly not for sissies. They are better since I have been bending over to pick up the leaves in my back yard. I evidently need that sort of exercise to keep them working. Speaking of that, when it gets light out I want to check that fence again. It would be a mess if it decided to fall over.

It was a combination of the cracking dry ground under it that the posts that are holding it are in and that strong wind Tuesday evening when it rained.

So, more later. It's 5:57AM now...

I went in the living room and turned on the TV and checked on the cats. First Scruff was the only one there but by the time I got back in the house, Blondie had joined her. They are both eating now.

I am waiting now for "the weather on the 8's". It is erratic. But just as I typed that, it came on.

Today will be 90 degrees and mostly sunny, Tomorrow is forecast to be 93 degrees and mostly sunny. Saturday is to be 91 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Sunday is to be 87 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Monday 90 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday mostly sunny, Wednesday 92 degrees and mostly cloudy.

That's the forecast now we'll see how much of that rain actually develops. And, wouldn't you know, it's forecast for the weekend.

The cats are gone now and I should get that cat food back in the garage before the ants find it. I got that done...

It's 6:30AM now and I should start on the mopping.

I got the mopping finished and will rest a minute before I start the vacuuming.

The next step is vacuuming the bedroom and the hall and the den.

So more even later..I want to go check out that fence since the sun is up now. It's 6:45AM.

The fence is definitely leaning but I don't believe it's any worse then it looked yesterday. Maybe it will hold up after all. It must not have rained last night but the dew is very heavy out there. That grass is wet!

I will have to re-mop the foyer. I tracked in grass.

More later...

I got everything vacuumed and the foyer re-mopped... except the living room and dining room and now I need to rest a bit. When the dining room is ready to be vacuumed I have to pull those heavy chairs into the living room and kitchen.

I will rest awhile before doing that. It's 7:24AM now.

The cats came back for another round of food. I finally took the food back out to them. They are going to have to eat their fill the first time. I am not going to constantly feed them more each time.

I finished the vacuuming and will dust tomorrow. I always use Old English furniture polish. It always leaves everything shining.

It's 8:20AM now.

It's 1:48PM now. I have read all morning. Stephen came over about an hour or so ago on his lunch hour and checked out the fence. He thought it was just one post that had termite damage on it and was weak. He will come back next week and stabilize it.

 More even  later...

I went out to Sonic this afternoon and bought a Reese's Sonic Blast for something in my stomach. I couldn't face another frozen meal. Ice cream sounded good though.

It's 5:12PM now and almost time for the CBS evening news. I may just have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for something for supper. After the news, I will probably read until time for my bath.

I didn't read. My Kindle was charging again. But I did take my bath, put my pajamas on and my robe.

I made myself some bread and butter with that special bread Stephen brought me. It is really good! It's homemade and from scratch! I will use some of it for the communion on September 4th. A woman from their church makes it. He also brought me some very good cookies. They didn't last long!

I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM as usual and I hope I can sleep better tonight.

I hope the Kindle is charged enough to read this evening until 9:00PM.

No comments: