Monday, August 29, 2022

Monday and a Visit With Nancy

I slept well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I will go down to see Nancy later this morning and will leave for Bartlesville about 10:00AM. I was up only once in the night and then got right back to sleep. 

I will fix my breakfast next and later check the "weather on the 8's" and on the cats.

I plan to go to Chanute to see my oldest friend,Gay, tomorrow and have lunch with her at Opie's in Chanute. It has been quite awhile since I have seen her.

Right now I will fix my breakfast.

I have had my breakfast and will go check on the cats next. It's just now 6:00AM and still dark.   

So, More Later...

I did catch "the weather on the 8's". Today will be 95 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday 96 degrees and partly cloudy, 95 degrees and sunny,  Wednesday 95 degrees and sunny, Thursday 95 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday 97 degrees and sunny, Saturday 98 degrees and mostly sunny and Sunday 97 degrees and mostly sunny. It looks like no rain in the next week.

It's getting light out now but still no cats at 6:30AM. I will continue checking from time to time.

More even later...

At 6:47AM the cats finally showed up. I fed them but they didn't eat much so I brought the food back in garage and covered it. I think they are eating somewhere else.....perhaps even birds. I hope not. 

It looks like I should mow the front yard again. The rain we got a couple of days ago was not much but it did cause the yard to green up and grow again. The back yard could probably use it too. I would have to do it in the evening though. So I will play it by ear. 

I have begun walking again. I want to go to the World Conference of my church in Independence, Missouri, in April next year with Leslie and I will have to be able to climb those ramps in the Auditorium. By then, I will be 87 years old. So I will play it by ear. Who knows what the future will bring. I am in pretty good shape for my age at this point.

I had to cancel my trip to Chanute tomorrow both Gay and I had some unexpected expenses and need to wait until the 15th to meet again.

I am disappointed but in a couple of weeks we can do it.

More later...

I left for Bartlesville about 10:00AM and went to their Walmart store to get the one thing I couldn't find in Independence's  yesterday. It began to rain there as I went through Dewey. Then I went on over to Nancy's apartment and we had a nice visit. I took her to Eggbert's there for lunch and then took her on a ride to get her away from the assisted living place for awhile.

David, her son, had come last Monday and his wife was with him . His Parkinson's is a lot worse and he falls a lot. She is very concerned about that. I would be too if he were my son.

We had a very good visit and I left about 1:30PM to come back home. I have been reading in my Kindle ever since, I also got my mail and read it. I also got the bill from the company that does the billing for Tate Boys. I will pay on it after I get my social security on the 14th of September. It rained some in Caney too.. but not a lot. It's 5:05PM now.

More Later....

I trimmed the hedge about 6:25PM and then got ready to take my bath at 7:00PM. I will out my pajamas on and read my Kindle until bedtime around 9:00PM.

I don't have a plan for tomorrow now that I have cancelled my trip to Chanute that I planned to tomorrow. Maybe I will do the laundry I didn't do this morning before leaving for Bartlesville.

More later...

No comments: