Friday, September 2, 2022

Friday and Dusting

It was another of those nights...not much sleep. I was up early and just read for awhile. Now I will fix my breakfast and a little later, check on the cats.

The electric bill has me upset.. since until the 14th, I have no money to pay it.

And then I will have to also make a $100. payment on my car repair bill and also make a payment on my tires.

Enough of that.

I will get my dusting done today. The rest of the housework is done and thank goodness... even the mowing. I feel good about that.

I'd better get my breakfast. My dinner/supper was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich so I am hungry this morning. I have some cheddar/broccoli soup mix to make up for my dinner today. That will hold me for a couple of days.

More later...

I did catch the weather forecast and it is different from what I expected. Today is forecast for 88 degrees and AM rain, Tomorrow 92 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday 90 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday 91 degrees and mostly sunny, Wednesday 93 degrees and mostly partly cloudy,Thursday 91 degrees and isolated thunderstorms.

So there is some rain in this week's forecast. We'll see how that goes. We were under storm warnings last evening and nothing happened at all, not only no rain but no wind or any sign of a storm. So they really missed that one.

It's 6:30AM now and I had better check on the cats again.

Well, Blondie was out there but I didn't see a sign of Scruff. I went ahead and put the food out there for Blondie. It is raining a little right now.  I put that cat food closer to the door. I don't want it to get wet.

More later....

I have been reading all morning and just fixed myself another peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my lunch. I am having a cup of Chai with it.

I saw both cats come to eat later.

It's 12:50 PM now. 

It's 3:00PM now and I just got a bill from Chase...my Amazon Credit Card... for $148.99 and that's for my Amazon Prime $139.00 annually and $9.99 for a Kindle subscription. Amazon Prime was $99.00 when I first signed up for it and now it is up to $139.00 annually for that and a new charge of $9.99 for a Kindle subscription. I have never had to pay anything to Kindle as long as I just read the free books but now there is evidently a subscription charge. 

Everything changes, I guess. I pay that Chase card off every month so I guess that's on my list of things to pay when I get my social security. Always something new. 

I have read all afternoon and it's7:56PM and I just had my bath and put my pajamas and duster on but first I just stopped once to go get a Neslie's at Sonic. I will go back to the book shortly. I went to close the shades and the front door and noticed both cats waiting for me to notice them and feed them their supper. So I took the cat food out there and after they finished eating, I took the cat food back to the garage and covered it up.

Now I will read until time to go to bed!

Maybe more later...

5 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I go the the library for books. I do have Amazon Prime. I get my money out of them as I order stuff rather than going to the store.

Margie's Musings said...

I used to go to the library for my books but during this pandemic, the one here in Caney is only open three days a week.

Galla Creek said...

Libraries are so different. My daughter lives in Harrison Ar and her library is not very good. I feel lucky to have a good one. MyLibrary is open 5 week days and Part of Saturday. They get all the new books too.

Good luck with your situation.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you.

My son. my eldest one, works for the department of defense as an IT. He works in our embassys all over the world on their computers and He got his per diem today and sent it to me to pay off my bills and start a new savings account for emergencies.

He and his wife are wonderful. And they have a great marriage.

Marceline Miller said...

I have had a Kindle Unlimited subscription charge of $9.99 applied to my Chase bill before, also. Apparently it is very easy to accidentally sign up for Kindle Unlimited. I contacted Amazon and explained that i did not want the subscription. They reversed the charge.