Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Wednesday and Hair Day

I slept fairly well last night but was still up too early as usual. I made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I go to Coffeyville this morning to get my hair done at 9:00AM but then will come back home because there are no games at the senior center today. They will be next Wednesday and that will be Bunco. 

I fixed my breakfast before I came in to do the blog and am eating it while I do this. 

After I mowed  last evening, I was very tired and took my bath and really went to bed early. I think it was just past 8:00PM. I didn't even make it until 9:00PM.

I will clean the apartment tomorrow so will take my walk this morning after I get home from Coffeyville and at noon I will go buy my Child's Wacky Pack at Sonic. That will be my $2.18 lunch. 

About 6:00AM I will go check out the weather forecast and also check on the cats. At least one of them (Blondie, I think it was) came for supper last evening but I was mowing so he was just out of luck. He will probably be here bright and early this morning...maybe both of them.

I caught the weather this morning.Today is to be 95 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is to be 95 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday 91 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday 94 degrees and partly cloudy,  Sunday is to be 93 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday will be 93 degrees and partly cloudy,Tuesday 91 degrees and partly cloudy. No rain forecast for the next week.

Now, I will check on the cats...

Sure enough they were both there waiting for me to open the door at 6:28 AM so I got out their food and they are out there eating like they hadn't eaten in a long time. Scruff tried to move Blondie out of her way so she could eat from the side of the bowl he is using. He bats her on the face and moves her back to her side. If he gets too rough with her, I bawl him out. There's plenty of food for both of them.

They appear to be finished and gone now. I'll get that dish back in the garage and cover it.

It's a little after 8:00AM now and I have been watching the news.In about15 minutes, I will leave for Coffeyville.I'd always rather be a little early then late. I can always read a magazine in their lobby until Toni is ready for me. 

I got my hair done and came on back home. It's 9:45AM now. If the grass were dry, I would mow..but it isn't.

It's 10:29AM now and I just finished the trimming. I will need to rest up and drink some water before going back out and finish sweeping up the mess.  Luckily it's only 81 degrees right now. It's supposed to get to up to 95 degrees today.

I will read awhile to rest up.

I did read awhile and then went out to Sonic and bought my $2.18 Child's Wacky Pack for my lunch. Then from there I went to the market to buy water. Then I read some more. It's 94 degrees here now and too hot to go outside. 

It's 4:43PM now and I just walked my four blocks. That's my 5 minute walk. It's 4:48PM now and I am supposed to do that for a week before increasing it two more blocks. For right now at 94 degrees, that is plenty.  I can do a lot better if I don't have that kind of temperature to contend with. Luckily some of that is in the shade.

I will go back to my book for awhile. I have instead been watching the CBS news. I recorded it so I could eliminate the commercials.

I will take my bath now and then read on my book later. It's still 91 degrees out there...way too hot to mow. At least I got the trimming finished. I would like to get that west side mowed though but it will have to be cooler for me to do it.

More later...

It's 7:05PM and I have just had my bath and put my pajamas on and my duster. Now I will read awhile. I have that new Reader's Digest condensed book I started as well as two more on my Kindle. I will probably read for a couple of hours.

It's 8:15PM and awfully early to go to bed but I am tired of reading and have no interest in TV... once I've seen the news. I don't know of any programming I am interested in..maybe "Bull"... but not enough to follow it on  a regular basis. 

I guess I will finish this and just go on to bed.


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Be so glad when we have some cooler air.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too! I am so tired of summer!