Thursday, September 1, 2022

Thursday and Mowing

I slept pretty well last night and was up at 5:00AM, dressed and got my breakfast made and am eating it here in the den as usual. 

I will clean the apartment later on this morning. If it should cool down a bit this evening, I will mow the west side of my yard. It looks terrible and the front and back are neat. I may do half of it tonight and the other half tomorrow night. I can probably manage it that way just fine.

Now I will go turn on the TV and watch for the weather forecast and check on the cats. It is 5:48AM now. 

I did catch the weather report: Today is forecast to be 93 degrees and mostly cloudy, Friday is to be 92 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday is to be 93 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday 93 degrees and partly cloudy,  Monday 91 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday 93 degrees and partly cloudy, and Wednesday 93 degrees and partly cloudy. That's it for the week...no rain in the forecast for the week.

It's 6:44AM and when I opened the door this time and both cats were out there..hungry. So I took their food out to them and they are eating now. They are both pretty calm this morning...so far.  Neither of them are hostile this morning. That usually happens when Scruff wants to eat out of Blondie's side of the bowl and he objects by slapping her in the face. So far they are sharing fine.

They ate and are gone now so I took the cat food into the garage and covered it.   

It's 7:05AM now. 

It's 8:11AM now and I have just mowed my west yard! Amazing! The only thing I can figure is it's partly the 12 pounds I have lost. I figure that's 12 pounds I'm not carrying around with me and that helped me be able to mow that west yard. Of course it helped a lot that it was only 62 degrees out there. There was dew on the grass but Stephen had mowed his yard last week when it was wet with dew and managed so I thought I would try it too. I even was able to empty the grass bag twice and amazingly enough, I was even able to lift that yard bag full of wet grass into the dumpster. So I managed to do the entire yard myself this week. I am so glad!

Maybe I can manage to mow my own yard the rest of the mowing season.

I have decided to clean the apartment in two days. I will mop today and may wait until tomorrow to vacuum. I have nothing on the calendar for tomorrow anyhow.

I got the mopping finished and now have only the vacuuming to do. I will rest awhile..maybe go back to my book... and then after I rest awhile I will vacuum the bedroom and den. I will play it by ear. After the floors are dry, I will get the throw rugs out of the fresh air in the dryer and put them back where they belong.

More later...

I just had a peanut and butter sandwich for my lunch. It's 12:19PM  

I just received my electric bill today and it was $144.26.That's a lot more then last month. Last month when I paid it on 8/12 it was $63.11. According to Evergy it was actually $166.70 And according to Evergy, I paid on it twice last month. I found no proof of that at all either in my checkbook or on the bank statement register online. The only check I had registered even online was that one on 8/12 for  $63.11. In fact I went through all my year's statements and I have no August Statement in my file at all.

It's a mystery. But I am going to be short before September 14th before I get my social security. I will be about $55.00 short.

It's thundering over in the southwest. We may get some rain! That would be wonderful since I got the rest of my yard mowed!

I got both the mopping and the vacuuming done this afternoon.

I just got a  severe thunderstorm warning from the police for our area until 4:00PM.

Well that was a nothing. We didn't even get a drop and not even a breeze and neither did my daughter and her husband in rural Independence.

More even later... 

I have been reading the rest of the afternoon.It's 7:32PM now and I am going to take my bath.I have had a big day! 

I will dust my apartment tomorrow. 

It's 8:22PM now and at 9:00PM or so, I will go to bed. The Kindle is having to be charged again.

 

 


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Even though the forecast calls for hot, hot, the humidity is lower here and that’s some relief.

Margie's Musings said...

Anything helps!