Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Tuesday and No Particular Plan

I slept well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I have made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I have even made my breakfast and am eating it here in the den. I have nothing planned for the day but to read. I may do a little laundry. If it's a nice mild day, I may take a walk. I need to start doing that again. This evening after it cools down a bit I intend to mow. I will just mow the back and the front. Stephen was here last evening and mowed his yard. They may have stayed the night. I saw both cars were here.

In a little bit, after my breakfast, I will go turn on the TV and check the weather forecast again. It rained a little last evening but Stephen mowed anyhow. I couldn't have done that with my mower because it collects the clippings in a bag. They would have clumped. It needs to be dry for me to mow. My mower is not self propelled like his either.

I will also need to check on the cats later more toward 6:30AM. It's only 5:50AM now. Scruff came last evening for some supper but she didn't eat a lot.

More later... 

I checked and the cats were not out there yet. 

The weather did come on though.Today is to be 95 degrees and partly cloudy. Wednesday is to be 95 degrees too and sunny, Thursday also 96 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday 94 degrees and isolated thunderstorms, Saturday 93 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday 94 degrees and mostly sunny, and Monday 95 degrees and mostly sunny. Friday is the only day that even has a chance of rain.

More later..I still need to check on the cats again... 

The cats finally  came for breakfast and I fed them. They finished and now I need to get that cat food back in the garage and cover it.

More even later... 

It's 10:15AM now and I have been reading my book and got it finished. 

I am doing some laundry now. I would like to mow but the grass is too wet with dew. I will have to wait until evening.

More even later.

I dried the laundry and put it away and then read until my Kindle needed charging again. 

I have been answering mail I got today from Consumer's Report  charging me for the second time for the subscription for myself and Scott. I sent them the information of the amount I paid weeks ago and the number of the check.

Then I got an e-mail from them apologizing for the oversight.  I told them they had at least one incompetent employee since I had already sent them the check and that information twice and they were still billing me for it. I suggested they look up their records of my payment.

I got an e-mail back from them apologizing for their error. I sure hope this is the last of their mess. I have subscribed to Consumer's Report for years and this is the first time this kind on nonsense has happened. If I didn't keep records of that sort of thing, I might have accidentally paid it twice. Disgusting!

My Consumer's Report Health Magazine suggested Anyone my age should continue to walk.It suggested we start out walking for 5 minutes and increase it every week or so until we get up to a mile a day. I walked four blocks this afternoon and back home. I will try to do that every day sometime.It's 2:33PM now and this was a pretty good time to start. I will try to do that every day. It's easier to use the sidewalk to the corner and then turn north and go up to 7th street and turn around and come back. That was a little over a five minute walk. I'll do that for a week and then turn east from Spring street to Main Street and make it an extra couple of blocks that way. That would be a half mile. By fall maybe I can work up to a mile.  I need to do that after sitting around and reading so much. That's not good for me. If I mow the front and back each week that would just be something extra. I can mow in the evening when it's cooler. That's what I did last week. I never did get the west side done but it's probably too much for me to do. Or I might do it in two sessions. I will play it by ear. If I mow it myself, I can save $100 a month on mowing.

That's the $100.00 a month I can pay Josh for my car repair every four weeks. It would take me four months to pay it that way. I doubt we will be mowing four months from now though. But that would take care of it September and October.

More Later...

I am waiting for it to cool down so I can mow this evening. It's up to 95 degrees  now. Instead of getting cooler it's getting hotter. Earlier this afternoon it was 90 degrees. It's 5:45PM now.

So more even later...

I got the front yard mowed and took the mower around to the back yard. After I drink some water and rest a bit, I will mow the back yard. The front yard is mostly in the shade and so is the back yard. The west side is the largest and hardest. It's 6:34PM now.

More later..I had better get to that back yard. It's mostly done but I had to stop for water..I will drink some more water and rest awhile again and then finish the back yard. The west side will have to wait. Maybe I can get to it Thursday night....or even tomorrow night.

No, I can't do that.I am having my hair done tomorrow morning. I sweat so badly when I mow that would ruin my hair. I will just have to let the west side go until next week.....maybe next Tuesday evening. 

I've had my bath and have my pajamas on and duster. It's 7:42PM now. I should sleep like a baby tonight!

Now I will read until bedtime... 9:00PM or so.


2 comments:

Donna. W said...

I always have to get up and go to the bathroom four or five times, but I noticed this week I had no problem going back to sleep every time. I'm very happy about that, because sometimes I'd have so much trouble getting back to sleep that I'd finally take half a Unisom tablet just so I'd get a night's sleep. I haven't taken anything to help me sleep for ten days, so I hope I've set a new pattern.

Margie's Musings said...

Sounds good to me Donna!

Margie