Saturday, September 10, 2022

Saturday and A Restful Night

I slept very well last night and as usual was up early, made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I will do some laundry this morning. I have enough in the basket for a small load....mostly towels and underwear. My allergies are going crazy again this morning. All I can do is sneeze and blow my nose. I am eating my breakfast here in the den as usual.

I will do the laundry and  water the flowerbeds and feed the cats as usual...same old routine....and read, of course. 

More later.....I want to get the laundry going now.

O.K. The laundry is going now and it's nearly 5:30AM. It's too early for the cats to be out there and too early for anything else. I will water the flowerbeds when it gets light.

Now I will go see what the news is like. All day yesterday and the day before was all about the life and death of Queen Elizabeth of England. ...on every channel.

I caught the weather forecast for the next week on the weather channel.

Today will be 90 degrees and. mostly sunny, Sunday is to be 81 degrees and sunny, Monday the forecast is for 86 degrees and sunny, Tuesday 91 degrees and sunny, Wednesday's forecast is to be 92 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 91 degrees and mostly cloudy, and Friday is forecast for 98 degrees and sunny.

The day to day forecast for tomorrow showed some AM rain...90% chance but the entire week's forecast did not show that rain at all...strange..I guess we will just have to wait and see which is correct.   

It's a little  early for the cats to be out there.

It's 6:34AM now and when I opened the door, I found Blondie waiting for his breakfast. It wasn't even light out yet and Scruff is nowhere to be seen yet. I took the cat food out for him and he is eating hungrily.  But he's gone now so I brought the  cat food back in the kitchen. I will wait to see if Scruff ever does  come this morning.

I folded out the clean and dry towels and underwear. Then I put everything away. 

Then I watered the flowerbeds.

Next I decided to do my walk at 7:30AM while it was cooler and I decided to walk eight blocks instead of six. When I stepped out the front door Scruff was there looking for her breakfast. I took it out to her and left on my walk.

I managed that just fine. I walked up to the post office and west.. over to the library, turned south on State and walked to 8th. There I live on the corner. I got back at 7:50. That was a pretty nice walk and I will do that for three or four weeks before I make it even longer. I would like to get back up to a mile or two eventually like I did when I lived on Catalina in Coffeyville. ..

I have been reading again. Now I am cooking a Smart TV dinner, meatloaf and mashed potatoes for 3 minutes, in the microwave. I stirred it and put it back in the microwave for another 2 minutes. When it cools enough, I will eat it. It's supposed to set for 1 to 2 minutes in the microwave.

I am not crazy about TV dinners but on the other hand, I don't want to try to cook for one person either. Karan does that and she eats the same thing for days. I don't think I could do that.   

More even later.

I had intended to let the mailman pick up John's birthday card today but I missed him. Before I went to the post office drop box with it. I realized I was too late for the afternoon mail.  So I took it with me to give to him at their home. I wanted him to have it on Wednesday, which is his birthday.

So I decided to go by Leslie's and see if she is home and if so, I will see if she would like to go with me to the Dairy Queen for a blizzard. I didn't see any sign of them there so I was just going to go on up by myself. As I passed their house, my phone rang and she asked me "Did you just go by our house?" I told her "yes", but I didn't see any sign of them so I was just going to go up to the Dairy Queen by myself and I told her what I was thinking and she said they were there and saw me go by. So I turned around and went back and visited them awhile. John had bought a small camper to fit on the back of their pickup and had been redoing it this past week in his spare time and had it looking pretty good. He had ordered a new mattress for it, new cushions for the bench and had fitted it with a frig and freezer and put new carpet down on the bench. It looks pretty nice. They have a large camper but it takes a lot of gas to pull it behind his truck to just go fishing. This will be perfect for that.

After we looked that over, Leslie and I decided to go get all of us the blizzards at the Dairy Queen. We took  Kiki and Mini too because Dairy Queen gives any dogs a puppy cup and Kiki and Mini love Dairy Queen in a puppy cup. The boy at the window at the Dairy Queen just loves Corgis and he made a big fuss over them.

As we were leaving their drive through, Leslie stopped and got out of the car and went over by the curb and picked up something. When she got back in the car she showed me $19.00 in bills that she found by the curb. 

As we drove back to their house, the dogs ate their Dairy Queen from the drink cups in the two arm rests in the back seat. Those dogs are so cute and so nice.

My son-in-law and daughter raise Corgis.

More later..

It's 7:42 now and I have just taken my bath and put my pajamas on and my duster. I will read until 9:00PM and then plan to go to bed. I was up very early this morning again and perhaps I can read until I get sleepy. That's what I plan anyhow.


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

So proud you are walking. It’s so health enhancing.

Margie's Musings said...

That's so true!!