Saturday, September 24, 2022

Saturday and Dusting

I was awake off and on all night after 1:00AM. I just don't sleep well anymore. I don't know what the problem is and I hate to take anything for it except for Melatonin and I haven't taken that for some time. I may have to start taking it again to get good sleep.

I just got up at 5:00AM and got myself ready for the day. In a little bit I will make my breakfast. 

So more later....

It's 5:52AM now and I have my breakfast in here in the den. It's way too early to check on the cats. They're usually not out there until 6:30AM.

I do want to check the weather forecast though. So soon I will take the laptop computer in the living room turn on the TV and check on "the weather on the 8's",  At 7:00AM, when it is light out, I will take my walk.

I got the weather forecast right away. Today will be 95 degrees and partly cloudy, Tomorrow is to be 85 degrees and sunny, Monday is to be 82 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 84 degrees and sunny, Wednesday  is to be 79 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 79 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 80 degrees and sunny. No rain next week either.

More later..the cats may be out there now. I will check. 

No, not yet. It's only 6:24AM so there's plenty of time yet. When they come to the door the security light usually comes on.

Both Blondie and Scruff both came for breakfast at last...at 7:00AM...time for my walk. I will wait until they eat and leave before I go for my walk.

I see Blondie has eaten fast and taken off. Scruff is still out there. They both have left so I will take my walk after I take in the cat food.

I took my walk and saw a woman who lived on Spring street and had a fox terrier puppy.When I was a child we always had a fox terrier puppy and always named them "Spot" . My stepdad, Russell, had two one time...Pat and Mike. He taught them tricks.He put a stepladder in the back yard and put a bucket of water on top of it and dropped their ball into the water. They would climb the ladder and put their heads down into the water to retrieve their ball. We all thought that was phenomenal!

The woman that lived there on Spring visited with me awhile. Her name was Debbie. We had a nice visit while I admired her puppy. Then I continued my walk. It was much easier today. I must be getting stronger as I walk every day. It may be time for me to add another block to my walk. That would give me ten blocks. I will mull that over.

I noticed there were puddles of water along the curb. When I got home I went out back and noticed the grass was very wet and the birdbath was full. It must have rained here!!

I went up to the Dairy Queen in Independence and bought myself a blizzard. I asked Leslie if she wanted to go with me but they were draining their pool and were too busy to stop.

Then I came home and read all afternoon and finished another book. It's 4:03PM now.

I looked out back and once more there were dozens of leaves in my back yard. I got another plastic bag and went out and picked them up. When it cools down and the leaves stop falling in front, I will rake the front yard and scoop them into a yard bag.

More even later...

 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I’m looking forward to the cooler weather.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too..DEFINATELY!!!