Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Tuesday and Cookies For the First Christian Church

I slept pretty well last night and only woke up a couple of times but managed to get right back to sleep. I got hot in the night and had to get up and turn the air on and off of heat. Then I slept better the rest of the night.

Today I will go over to the church to pick up Billie Jo's cookies and then take them and all the ones I have in my car up to Independence to the First Christian Church for dessert for their dinner this evening. I got mine at Walmart yesterday in Bartlesville. Leslie had brought some to church earlier and Phyllis had hers there Sunday too but Karan is sick...at least she was Sunday... so she probably has not taken any out there. I will text her later before I leave and ask her. If she's well now, she may have taken some out there.

I am eating my breakfast here in the den now. It's 5:48AM and I guess I will go check out "the weather on the 8's" soon on TV.  Then I will check out the cats too a little later.

The cats both came for their breakfast this morning. I fed them and when they finished,I put away the cat food.

I found the weather and today is to 63 degrees and will have morning rain, Wednesday is to be 68 degrees and sunny, Thursday will be 67 degrees and mostly cloudy, Friday will be 64 degrees and mostly cloudy, Saturday is to be 62 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday 65 degrees and partly cloudy, and Monday will be 72 degrees and partly cloudy. That's it for this week. We had rain yesterday and last night and some rain this morning too.

More even later...


I went to our church and picked up the cookies there and took all four bags to the First Christian Church in Independence. The pastor said they would not need more until the second Tuesday in November. So I will have Leslie put that information in the next two bulletins.That would be November 8th. I will share that information with those who buy cookies and the rest of the others with my group text.

More later... I am going back to my book.

I finished another book and started another one but I am tired of reading.

The sun is out and it is warm outside. It's 3:54PM now and I am bored. I am tired of reading and it's too windy to rake leaves.

So,more later...

My landlady and landlord brought me some gifts this evening. They had some frozen ground beef in their freezer and it looks like they gave me over a pound of it. The next cold day, I am going to make some chili con carne with it. It's been awhile since I have had chili with crackers and cheese. I haven't made any since my brother-in-law died last February. He always had lunch with me. Then Dee Anna, who is a teacher over at South Coffeyville, had bought a box of donuts as a fund raiser and they offered me some of those too. I took two. I will have them with my coffee in the morning. That will be a treat! And when I make that chili, I will invite Sally over for lunch.

I took my bath at 6:30PM this evening. I don't know why I was so tired.The only real thing I did was go to take those cookies to the First Christian Church in Independence.

Tomorrow I will go over to Coffeyville to get my hair done at 9:00AM and then take my plastic bags in to be reused at Genesis. I will take Karan my newspapers for the animal shelter and then go to the library to read my Kindle until time for game day at 1:00PM at the senior center. We will play until 3:00PM or 3:30PM.Then I will come home unless I go visit with Marilyn. It's always a fun day. It's nearly 7:00PM now and I guess I will go read again. There's nothing I am interested in on TV except the CBS news and I watched that this evening.

I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM as usual.

 


No comments: