Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Wednesday and Hair and Game Day

I had a terrible night's sleep last night. First I got too hot so I got up and turned on the air. I got back to sleep after that but woke again..this time too cool. So I turned it over to heat again. But by that time, I was awake too much. I could never get back to sleep. All evening I had had women call me to talk about Medicare. I told each one I had a broker from Aetna taking care of that for me and to not call me again. There were seven calls in all. I was unable to stay asleep for being concerned about whether those calls were legitimate or not. 

Having been scammed last Spring, I am overly cautious anymore about the "Medicare" calls or any suspicious calls on the telephone.  A second scam call I had a couple of weeks after that one last Spring insisted on being paid or he would kill me the next day. Cox told me to call the police so I did and the police woman here came over here and made a formal case about it. The police woman watched my apartment for a couple of weeks...just in case. Now I don't trust any calls that "may" be suspicious sounding. 

If someone calls today from "Medicare" I may ask them to tell me what their concern is....just in case it may be a "legitimate" Medicare call. I had checked in about an "Advantage" plan with the Aetna broker. 

I will get my hair done at 9:00AM in Coffeyville and then go to the library to read until time for game day at 1:00PM. I would read at the senior center but Janet keeps that place way too cool for me.

By the way, I did have my breakfast in here this morning and I did have one of those donuts with my coffee. I will have the second one tomorrow with my coffee.

I will go check out the weather forecast now and soon also the cats. It's only 5:34AM now...way too early for the cats to be out there.

More Later...

I got the weather forecast right away. Today is forecast to be 68 degrees and sunny, Tomorrow is to be 68 degrees and mostly cloudy, Friday is to be 66 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 64 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 66 degrees and partly cloudy,  Monday is to be 70 degrees and Partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 74 degrees and sunny. No rain next week at all. Luckily we had some on Monday and a little bit on Tuesday.

When I opened the door at  6:00AM, Scruff was there so I took her food out to her.Then I went to get the laptop computer and when I came back in the living room, Blondie was there too and they were both eating hungrily. There doesn't seem to be any wind today. That's good. I missed my walk yesterday and I need to get my walk in as soon as it is light out there.

Both cats are gone now. They must have finished eating. I may leave the food out there for a little while just in case they come back for more. 

It doesn't appear the cats are coming back so I will go bring the cat food back in the garage and cover it.

.More even later...

It's 7:30AM now and light out so I am going to take my walk now..be back later...

I got back from my walk at 7:50AM. I walked fast because it was cold out there and I was bundled up well too... with gloves. My ears were a little cold but not bad. It is 39 degrees out there.

I left for Coffeyville and my hair appointment at 8:20AM. I stopped at Sonic and bought a cherry limeade slush and then went to get my hair done. After that I went to the library and sat out front and read my new Kindle. Later I went on to the senior center until everyone came for game day. We had a good time and good treats and got away about 3:30PM.I came on home after I washed my car and vacuumed it out. I also took the plastic bags by Genesis. And the newspapers by Karan's.

It's 5:02 now and I will get back to my reading.

More later...

I read until time for my bath and the after that I plugged in my phone to charge it. I took it out of the bedroom plug and put it in the hall plug so it would be near in case it rang. Suddenly I had Keith on the phone. He said I called him but it must have been a fluke.I was happy to speak with him though. They are leaving a week from next Saturday to go back to Rome. Again Esther is going with him. She loves Rome. They both do. She sent me a lovely scarf the last time she went with him.

I will go back to my book as soon as I put this blog on Keith's blog.

I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM


3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Margie, Medicare does not call. They mail. All those are trying to sell insurance. Don’t tell them any of your information.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you girls for your good advice. I am happy for have friends like you to give me good advice.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I have so many of those Medicare calls and they are scammers. I don't know why our government can't put a stop to it. So many of the Medicare calls I get have such thick foreign accents that they can't even begin to pronounce our name. I have thought about having a block on my phone allowing only friends and relatives we know to call, but my son may try calling from the country he is stationed in from a phone other than his own in some type of emergency or an old friend may try to call. I want the people who are doing wrong to stop. I want to be able to have my phone for my use and not for them to call and try to scam me. Those calls need to stop. Our government and phone service needs to make it stop.