Friday, October 28, 2022

Friday and No Working Internet

Still I have little  internet.  I think there was a major problem over at Coffeyville on Wednesday and the internet has been very off and on ever since. The laptop has been unable to receive a signal except my blog...nothing else. I got my e-mail on the desktop but nothing else. The electronic Chronicle came but I could not open it.

It is nearly 5:00AM and I will get dressed and make my bed. I will see if this blog will post this morning.

So more later.. 

I tried to get the blog on the laptop and it got very little signal but when I tried to save what I had added on the laptop, it lost the signal. So that did not work. So the laptop is worthless to me in this cable crisis. It is able to pick up what I add to the desktop computer. But that's all.

I still have no internet connection on the laptop computer.  It is running with Windows 7  so that may a part of the problem. This desktop computer runs with Windows 10.

I managed to get the weather forecast on the TV. Today is to be 69 degrees and Clouds and PM sun, Saturday will be 64 degrees and mostly cloudy, Sunday is to be 65 degrees and mostly cloudy, Monday will be 73 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 76 degrees and mostly sunny,  Wednesday is to be 75 degrees and  mostly sunny and Thursday is to be 74 degrees and partly cloudy.

I am hoping the laptop internet problem might be resolved. I ran a trouble shooter  program and so far it has worked and I have internet on the laptop. I will see if it stays fixed. 

I got a hold of a Cox tech online. She had a Spanish accent and I had a hard time  understanding her. After the better part of an hour, she gave my signal a jolt and I had the internet again... temporarily. The desktop computer is still working but once again the laptop is down...no signal. Now it's back on again and I can access the internet...all but my bank in Coffeyville. Their internet must still be down.

It comes and it goes. I have an appointment with a Cox rep here on Thursday between 8:00AM  and 10:00AM. Every since last Wednesday I have had sporadic internet. ..especially on the laptop computer.  I have not had this problem before the catastrophe at Cox in Coffeyville last Wednesday. 

Most of the time, the only way I can get the laptop online is to reboot the computer.   And now the desktop is also losing the signal from time to time.

The latest Cox Tech thinks it might be that I need a new modem (router).  He gave it a jolt too and I was able to get back online.

More Later... 

Soon after noon,I mopped and vacuumed the house.I will dust tomorrow.

That didn't last long. I still can't access the internet. 

O.K. I have the internet back but the router is too old and is not working right. When  Cox Complete Care comes on Thursday he/she will bring me a new router. 

The man I talked to on the phone that did his best to help me from Cox Complete Care, walked me through taking the router back to the factory setting. You put a needle in the little hole on the bottom of the router/modem and hold it in the for a count of 15,then you take it out and wait for the little light on top to go from red to green to yellow and then back to while  But for some reason that didn't work. The said earlier that the router was three years old and worn out and was too old and they would be bringing me a new router.

Neither computer would even recognize the Cox address ccc.4321.com that they use  to get downloaded onto the computers so he wasn't able to get himself downloaded to either of the computers  that would allow a tech from Cox Complete Care to download on the computers to work on them. So he did the best he could virtually...giving me instructions of what to do to fix them. It didn't work well anyhow.They just weren't able to get on the internet anyhow.

I put the correct password on the network but the Kindle still won't connect to the server and so I also can't get on my bank's site and neither the new Kindle nor the old one will accept the password.

So, I am stuck. 

I will have to wait until Thursday when the Cox tech brings my new Modem and I can have it set up for using to get on the internet. I have been stymied all day. I can't get my new Kindle set up with the correct password so I can read the Kindle. I can't log onto Amazon to get that password fixed correctly. Neither computer can get online. I can get on my blog most of the time.

Now I will take my bath. It's nearly 7:00PM...bath time. Then I will read something until 9:00PM...my bedtime. How frustrating! And I can't access Keith's blog either so I can't put the information from my blog on his. Neither computer can access his blog. 

On this desktop computer, there are messages that say "server not found" so someone is going to have  a lot of work to get these two computers working again.

Their area outage has really screwed up my computers. They can't find  anything and can't hold a signal.

Then this evening I suddenly realized my tour to Kansas City (Overland Park) to the dinner theater is Wednesday and I need to be in Independence at 7:00AM to catch the bus for the tour and Wednesday is also my hair appointment at 9:00AM. I will have to call Toni today and cancel my hair appointment or just forget about the tour. I guess I will have to cancel my hair appointment. The tour is more important and it's paid for.  

What a mess this week has been. That huge mess Wednesday in Coffeyville caused that huge outage of the internet. The computer don't hold a signal and I have an appointment Thursday to have Cox Complete Care come here and try to get everything working again.  They will be bringing me new router. The one I have is three years old and inadequate to hold a signal or even find a signal much of the time. They say "server not found".

2 comments:

Kay said...

I hate when Internet goes down. I hope things improve, Margie and you can have a peaceful weekend.

Margie's Musings said...

I don't think it's going to happen, Kay. It's just too big an outage.