Friday, December 16, 2022

Friday and Dusting

I had a restless night last night and I was up at a little after 4:00AM. I had looked everywhere last evening for a letter I had received last month about "extra help" I was going to get from Social Security. I looked through my Medicare folder in the file cabinet because that's where I put anything I get from Medicare or Social Security. I was just sure I had put it in that folder but I could not find that letter. I did find the letter I got saying I would get the 8.7% increase in my Social Security benefit but that did not mention the "extra help" the other letter mentioned. I won't get that addition to my Social Security benefit until January 11th or thereabouts anyway. That was not the letter I was searching for.

This morning with a clearer head, I realized I was looking through my Medicare folder. I took out my Social Security folder and there that letter was..right on top. I will contact Charles this morning and see if I can go up and see him and show him that letter. He said on the phone last evening that we need to review my case because of my low income and total cost amount of my annual and monthly budgets. 

More Later....

I found both cats out there waiting for their breakfast and I took their food out to them. They are eating now. I took them out some clean water. They were needing a drink and their water dish was empty.

I am waiting for "the weather on the 8's" to come on. It didn't happen at 6:28AM..maybe next time.

I finally caught the weather forecast for the next week. Today is to be 41 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday is to be 42 degrees sunny, Sunday is to be 48 degrees and mostly sunny and  Monday is to be 45 degrees and AM rain and snow showers, Tuesday is to be 36 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 39 degrees and cloudy, Thursday is to be 15 degrees and partly cloudy and Windy.Wow! Thursday is going to be a bear at 15 degrees and with wind too.

More Later.. 

I tried to put a comment on Kay's blog but I got a strange drop down menu and could figure out how to get past that so I could make  a comment. I hope someone can get a hold of her to tell her. 

More later ....

I went up to Independence and talked to Charles. He helped me discover that Medicare had signed me up to a prescription drug plan. He also gave me a gift card for a free meal at some place called "Creative Concepts" right downtown on Penn Street on the west side of the street. I had a toasted chicken salad sandwich and some sweet tea there. It was very good. The waitress told me everything they sell is made right there.

After I ate a wonderful chicken salad sandwich and drank some tea, I went back to my car and the remote would not work to unlock the door. So I had to unlock it with my key. I went from there out to Quality Motors and got a woman in the parts department to remove the cover and insert a new battery. She would not let me pay for it. She said they never ask people to pay for batteries. While I was there, I met Alan's son, Josh. And also got to see Alan. Alan looked much the same except for the grey hair. It was good to see Alan again too. I worked there back in the early 70's and it has changed a lot since then. Alan has bought the dealership too now.

Then I came on back home. 

Keith called me a little bit ago and we had a nice visit. Scott had called me this morning before I left for Independence. We had a good visit too. I tried to call Leslie to tell her about my experience at the insurance office. She was not at home so could not talk much. I gave her the basics and let her go.

Now I need to go buy a few things at Dollar General. 

All I needed was Friskies cat food and Dawn, the dish washing liquid. But I learned something new after all. It wasn't the battery that was the problem with the remote. Even with the new battery, the remote still doesn't work. So I will still be locking and unlocking the car with the key. I imagine if I took it down to the dealership in Bartlesville, they would charge me an arm and a leg to fix it. So I will lock it and unlock it with the key anyhow. 

More Later 

I got home just fine and read until 8:00PM. Then  I took my bath and put my pajamas and robe on. Then I went back to my book.

I plan on going to bed my usual time...9:00PM.


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I had trouble making comments yesterday too.

Margie's Musings said...

She needs to contact Google and straighten that out.