Sunday, December 11, 2022

Sunday and Church

I slept well again last night and was only up once, took my meds and went back to bed and back to sleep.

I am baking my coffeecake for breakfast at church. It is in the oven now and probably about halfway finished baking. I have the oleo for the glaze setting on the top of the oven. I am hoping it will melt and then I will put the powdered sugar in it and a little milk..just enough to mix it up to spread over the coffee cake when it cools.

Both cats came at a little before 6:00AM.They ate quickly and left to go find some shelter. It is cold out there....39 degrees. I brought their food back into the garage and covered it.

I am now waiting for "the weather on the 8's" to come on. I will take a photo of it on the TV and see if anything has changed in the forecast since yesterday.

I am the speaker at church today and I really kind of dread it. The scripture lesson is from Isaiah and I prefer to speak from the New Testament. But we don't have a choice. The theme is from the world church and of course, it's Christmas time and eventually it's going to be about the future coming of Jesus.

I see the forecast has changed considerably. It's down to one day of rain. ..and that day is Tuesday. Today is to be 45 degrees and mostly cloudy. Monday is to be 54 degrees and cloudy, Tuesday is the day of rain, 61 degrees and AM rain and wind, Wednesday is to be 45 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 42 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 39 degrees and partly cloudy and Saturday is to be 35 degrees and most sunny. Only one day of rain left in the forecast. 

I got the coffeecake out of the oven and it's cooling on a rack now. When it's cool I will put the glaze on it. That's a mixture of oleo and powered sugar...sometimes with a little milk added. The breakfast is not until 9:30AM. We usually have a lot of breakfast but Melissa and Kelly will probably not be there. They told me last week their company may not be gone in time for them to come to church.

I did send a mass text to those in the Crossroad's group...reminding them of breakfast and church.

More Later...

I left for Coffeyville at 8:30AM. I needed gas and I wanted to get it at Woodshed where it was cheaper. Then I went to the church and got everything ready for the service.

We had breakfast and then Leslie began the music for the prelude. Soon everyone that was going to come came and we began the service.  I had way too many notes and got confused toward the end of the service. It was embarrassing.

Phyllis  and I went to Eggbert's in Coffeyville for lunch and the waitress we got there was new and got our order wrong. We ordered the small chef salad and got a side salad which was some lettuce with a few pieces of shredded cheese on it. She also forgot to bring us any silverware. I had to tell her that. She was really busy and flustered.  The manager gave both of us a card for a free meal because of the mix up. We may not go back there for lunch again.

More Later...I read most of the afternoon on a new book. Then at 6:00PM, I turned to Zoom to watch the worship service of the Mission Center.  It was neat to see so many of my old church friends.

It;s nearly 7:00PM now and I will take my bath and get myself ready for bed before I finish the Blog.

So more later...


 

No comments: