Monday, December 12, 2022

Monday and a Trip to see Nancy

I slept through the night last night and didn't wake up even once. I was up at my usual 5:00AM, made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I am having my breakfast here in the den now. It's 6:00AM now and soon I will go check and see if the cats are out there for their breakfast. But first I want to check my bank and see if any more checks have cleared.

No, the same ones that cleared yesterday evening. 

So more later...

I lucked out and found both cats out there and took their food out to them. Just as I got back in the house "the weather on the 8's" came on so I grabbed my phone and got a photo of the weather for the week.

Today is to be 53 degrees and PM showers, Tuesday is to be 62 degrees and AM rain and wind, Wednesday is to be 42 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 40 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 39 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 39 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be 39 degrees and partly cloudy.  That's the week!

Now the cats have eaten and left. It's 49 degrees now. I will take their food back in the garage and cover it.

More even later...

I took my walk at 7:50AM and got back home at 8:28AM. As usual I got a sack full of trash from the street. I put it in my trash receptacle for the trash people to pick up tomorrow. I must be making a dent in it because there was a little less of it this time. I suppose there will always be some because people who don't care tend to just toss stuff out of their cars onto the street.

It's 8:33AM now.

I came back from my walk and went up to the post office and bought stamps. I wrote five letters to those who were not at church and told them about the Christmas dinner we will have next week at church.There will be no breakfast next week since we will be having our congregation's Christmas dinner after church at noon. I sent each of them a bulletin so they would also have the prayer list and the announcements.

I went to Bartlesville early. I needed some things I can't get at our market here so I stopped at Bartlesville's Walmart store and bought them. Then I went on over to visit Nancy who lives just across the street at the senior care unit. She dressed and we went to the Boulevard Restaurant there in the Tuxedo area to eat with Sally. Sally has breakfast and we have lunch there.

We visited quite a bit and then Nancy and I went back to her apartment and I stayed awhile and visited and left about 3:00PM. It drizzled some while I was in Bartlesville.

I stopped at Mr.G's and had a small blizzard.

Then I read awhile and also answered my mail.

Ashley Roper, Donna's great niece, who is a teacher here in Caney, stopped by to see if Stephen and Dee Anna had decided to rent their side of the duplex. I told them I didn't think so since they use it like a motel. I told her their grandchildren live here and they attend their games when they have some games. But I took her name and telephone number again just in case something changes.

It's 6:38 PM now and I will take my bath in a little while. The dental office called and they had a cancellation for 10:30AM tomorrow and wondered if I could come for my dental appointment then. I will do that since it has been over a year sine I have been to the dentist.

In about 15 minutes I will take my bath and put my pajamas and robe on and read until 9:00PM, when I go to bed.

No comments: