Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Tuesday and a Dental Appointment

I slept well again last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM. I made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day.

The dental office called me a couple of days ago with a cancellation for today at 10:30AM and I took it. I need a prophylaxes and this was the first time I could work it into my schedule and they could work it into theirs. Tuesdays are usually pretty easy. I will have to pay them tomorrow when I get my social security. I am seeing Nancy on Mondays now and Wednesdays are sometimes busy with my regular hair appointment at 8:30AM and sometimes game day or Bunco at the senior center and I never like to miss those. Thursdays I clean the apartment but Fridays are pretty empty usually too unless I save that for dusting the apartment.  

I have an eye appointment with Dobbins on January 11th at 11:00AM. I will probably need new contacts then...at least one. I only wear one in my right eye. Roger got my left lazy eye starting to work several years ago and at that time it had 20/30 vision. But I will have to pay that appointment off in payments...unfortunately. When they called me with this  appointment, I told them that. 

More later... I will get my breakfast, check on the weather and the cats now.

The cats are not out there...it is 62 degrees and raining. I did catch the weather forecast though. Today will be 62 degrees and AM rain and wind, Wednesday will be 44 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday will be 41 degrees and mostly sunny,  Friday will be 39 degrees and mostly sunny,  Saturday will be 42 degrees and sunny, Sunday will be 47 degrees and partly cloudy. Monday will be 38 degrees and PM rain and snow. That will be our first snow of the year...if it develops ....remember, this is Kansas and anything can happen.

The cats are nowhere to be found. It's raining lightly out there. I'll check again. It has stopped raining now and they may be out there.

I went up to the dental office at 10:15AM and got right in. I read a magazine about 15 minutes and then they were ready for me. She cleaned my teeth thoroughly and then I had the exam from the dentist. Everything was fine.'The dentist does not accept Medicare therefore not my supplement, Lumico, either.

I finally got the Christmas tree I had ordered from Amazon. It was supposed to be four feet tall and fully lighted. I opened the box and it was terrible. It was simply pitiful looking and there wasn't one light on it. I contacted Amazon and got customer service. They e-mailed me a label that I could print off and instructions on how to return it to UPS. I assumed that meant United Postal Service..our post office.  I took it up there and they informed me that it wasn't them. I had to take it to Independence to Anna Mae's coffee shop for UPS..

So I loaded it back in my car and made a flying trip to Independence and found that she closes at 2:30PM. There was no one there. So I knew a drug store,V&S Variety on eight street just west of the schools in Coffeyville also was UPS since I had sent Keith several computers from there. So I made a flying trip to Coffeyville only to find they were no longer open at all. I was there at 4:30PM so they should have been open if they were still in business at all. A complete waste of an afternoon and nothing accomplished at all. I will need to check V&S Variety tomorrow after my hair appointment and see if they are still in business at all. If they aren't, I will go back up to Independence to Anna Mae's coffee shop to get that package in the mail. Whew!! What a mess!

 

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

What a disappointment!

DrumMajor said...

Sure sounds like they sent the wrong tree! Bummer. Businesses are weird these days. TWO AAA local offices closed in my area. Perturbs me. Linda in Kansas

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it was a completely wasted afternoon.