Saturday, December 17, 2022

Saturday and a Waldorf Salad

I slept well again last night. I was up shortly before 5:00, dressed and stripped my bed and put clean bedding on it and put the sheets and towels and my underwear and pajamas in the washer. It is all in the dryer now.

Later this morning I will make up the Waldorf salad for the Christmas dinner at church tomorrow. That's the only other thing I have on the agenda this morning. I do still have to dust the apartment. With everything else that went on yesterday, I never got around to that.

When I first got up this morning, I went in the kitchen and picked up my original car key and took it to the garage to see if it would lock and unlock the car...and it did! One less thing to be concerned about!

In just a bit, I will fix my breakfast and eat it here in the den. 

So more later...I have my breakfast now. Soon as I finish, I will go check on the weather and the cats. It's only 6:22AM now but they may be out there. My desktop computer says it's only 27 degrees out there now.  Pretty cold for a couple of cats. In fact, pretty cold for me. If it doesn't warm up some after it gets light, I may not take my walk. If there's no wind I may be able to take it if I bundle up well. 

More later..

Both cats were out there waiting patiently for their breakfast. I opened their new cat food and it has gravy on it and they are really enjoying it. The dryer just stopped so I will go fold out what is dry.

I got the laundry done and folded and put away. 

Now The cats are gone. They are probably looking for a warmer place. I took their food back in the garage and covered it.  So the laundry is finished and folded and put away for another week. Now I am just waiting for "the weather on the 8's" to come on. 

I finally saw it at 7:21AM...certainly not on an 8. 

Today is supposed to be 43 degrees and sunny, Tomorrow is to be 49 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday is supposed to be 46 degrees and mostly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 41 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 38 degrees and cloudy, Thursday is to be 16 degrees and AM snow showers, Friday is to be 15 degrees and mostly sunny.  That's the week. The forecast for snow is still in there on Thursday. We will see...this is Kansas and anything can happen. It's 7:27AM now.

More even later....

It's 8:46AM and I just finished making the Waldorf salad and have it covered and in the frig to marinate overnight. I ate some grapes after I finished it. I had some washed and I didn't want to waste them. They were seedless and I had to buy a lot more then I wanted. I may end up eating them. I don't know if they would still be good by Christmas. This is just the 17th. That's another eight days.

It was 29 degrees out there and there was a brisk wind too but I took my walk anyhow. I picked up another grocery bag full of trash.

 More even later...

At 11:30PM I went by Sally's home and saw her car there and called her to asked her if she would like to go to Copan Restaurant for lunch. She was game,  so that's where we went for lunch.We each had a cup of vegetable/beef soup. It was very good. Since we ate lightly, we ordered a piece of Chocolate pie and split it. That, of course, ruined our good intentions.  :)

But was it good!! 

I took her home afterward. Her daughter,Jennifer, and her husband were in Bartlesville for a couple of weeks so she will see them soon. They live in California but they have an RV and use it when they travel.

I received a mystery gift today. It came from the Oklahoma City Amazon store but there was no name on the card with it. I guess it will remain a mystery. I would like to send a thank you note to whoever sent it but I don't have a clue who that would be...maybe one of my classmates...who knows. 

It's a beautiful gift. It turned out to be my eldest son, Keith. And it lights up too. I put three triple A batteries in it and switched it on..it's lovely! 

I set it in front of my lamp so that brass above it is not a part of it. It's the base of the lamp behind it.

 May be an image of indoor 

What a neat gift! 

I took my bath at 6:30PM and put my pajamas and robe on. I never did get to my dusting but I can do it tomorrow afternoon. 

I will watch TV for awhile and then about 9:00PM, I will go to bed.


1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Keith selected the nicest gift. I really like it.