Friday, January 20, 2023

Friday and a Great Night's Sleep

It's great! I slept completely through the night and didn't wake up one time. I seldom do that. I had gone to the basketball game at the elementary school here in Caney with Leslie last night and went to bed at 9:00PM after I had had my bath and never woke up even one time until after 5:00AM. I made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day. I am ready to fix my breakfast now at 5:54AM.

I don't have a plan for today. I don't even know what the weather is like today. I will have my breakfast and then check on the weather and the cats. I am anxious to learn if Kiki had her pups last night. The kids will not be up yet so I will wait until they contact me to tell me.

So More Later.. 

I had my breakfast and checked to see if the cats were out there...not yet! However the weather forecast did come on.

Today is to be 50 degrees and sunny, Saturday is to be 44 degrees and showers, Sunday is to be 43 degrees and cloudy, Monday is supposed to be 48 degrees and mostly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 41 degrees and rain and snow, Wednesday is to be 42 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is to be 42 degrees and mostly sunny. That's the week! The rain and snow sounds interesting. Certainly we need the moisture and it's forecast for Saturday and Tuesday. Game Day at the senior center is Wednesday the 25th. It's 6:33AM now. The cats should be out there. 

And they were...First Blondie showed up and then when I took the food out there, Scruff came to eat after he left. Then he came back and she left.  I don't know why she seemed intimidated. They eat together all the time. It's almost time for the CBS news so I will get back in the living room to watch that. 

I watched the CBS news and then went to the Caney market for a few things I needed.

John texted me a photo of the six Corgi puppies Kiki had last night. I imagine he was up a good deal of the night over that. I would love to go see them but I am not even sure he would be home. He has his business to tend to too.

More later... 

John was home and he let me come see the puppies. I took a photo of them. They were darling. They lost three of them though. One was unable to get out of the womb and John had to pull it out so the other two could be born. One of them was dead. Kiki would not push. He got another one out that was born dead and let Kiki out so she could have what she thought was a bowel movement and then saw her licking on something and discovered it was another dead puppy.  So they have 6 live puppies and three that were dead. She would have had nine otherwise.

They are all darling. He was going to heat the kennel so he could take them out there this afternoon. 

I talked to my niece, Denise, this morning. She found out her brother, Dennis, is working for Carters Auto Service in downtown Coffeyville.

It's very pretty day and the sun is shining brightly. I will go make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my lunch.

I had the peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my lunch and spent the rest of the afternoon trying to get an appointment with a hearing aid place that would honor my approval for the free hearing aids. So far everywhere I have called are not participating in the program. 

Luckily I printed off the letter I got from e-mail from Morgan, who is in charge of the program because now my printer will not work at all. Always something.

I've called four different places even having been approved for the program but so far everyone has dropped out of the program.

More later...

I tried to print something off with the desktop computer and it will not print anything I try to print, I tired to contact Cox Complete Care to get it fixed and was on the line waiting for  an IT  until my phone ran down. So I hung up and plugged it in to charge. They must have major problems to be down all that time without a tech to help me. I'll try again in the morning. Maybe they won't be so busy that early.

I took my bath at 7:00PM and will go to bed at 9:00PM. In the meantime, I will read on my second book.

 

 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

My new insurance said it would pay 150 dollars toward eye glasses. I checked with 4 places, including Walmart, and none would take it. I called and they are sending me a form. I will have to pay for them but they will send me the 150 dollars after I fill out form and send the receipt. It’s always something.

Sorry about the little puppies.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, I find that to be true too, Galla Creek!