Saturday, January 21, 2023

Saturday and a Bad Night's Sleep

 Well, that was a short lived good sleep . I tossed and turned most of the night and finally just gave up and got up at 4:00AM. Between the concern about the free Starkey hearing aid problem (finding a hearing aid agency that will participate in the Starkey Neighbors in Need program) and the fact that my printer is not working, I just couldn't stay asleep. I had  sat on hold on the phone waiting to be connected to the Cox Complete Care program until the phone finally died and I had to give up to charge it. Then I just went on to bed. I slept pretty well until 1:30AM when sleep was finished for the night. I have to get that printer working again. It prints one thing...and that's it. Just a blank piece of paper with one word on it. I can't get anything to print from Word. I just get a little blue circle and can't get out of Word from then on. The only way is to restart the computer.

I finally got hold of Cox Complete Care and I lost the first person I had connected with. So I tried again and got a woman named Stephanie  who managed to get the printer going again. She had me turn off the printer and then turn off the computer and let them both rest for at least 5 minutes. I printed off a couple of things when I turned them back on and that worked. She said she had done nothing special at all but they both worked after she was on that computer.

Whatever works! 

It's 6:17AM now and I will fix my breakfast and turn on the weather forecast on the TV.

I found the cats ready for their breakfasts, Scruff came first and she kept watching for Blondie. He finally showed up too and they shared the dish of food. They are still eating.

I am waiting for "the weather on the 8's" to come on now. It's 6:38AM now and it may come on after this segment of the weather moves on. It's past time now so maybe it will be  6:48 before it comes on.

Scruff has finished eating now and left but Blondie is still out there but has finished eating. I will leave the food out there just in case they want to eat some more.

I finally caught the weather forecast. Today will be 44 degrees and rain, Tomorrow will be 41 degrees and cloudy, Monday will be 45 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 42 degrees and PM rain and snow, Wednesday is to be 42 degrees and cloudy, Thursday is to be 45 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 47 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week! We may get some moisture yet! Today..rain and Tuesday rain and snow.

I believe the cats are finished eating so I may as well go get the cat food and get it into the garage and cover it.

I called the number of Lowry Hearing Aid Company in Tulsa at 918-749-1113 but this is Saturday and they may not be open on Saturday.  I will call on Monday again.

I also called Freeman Hearing in Joplin at that number Morgan gave me 417-347-3746 but they were evidently closed on Saturday too so I left my name, telephone number and date of birth again on their machine and asked them to return my call when they are in the office again on Monday.

I will go make my Waldorf salad for tomorrow's lunch at church now. It is supposed to marinate overnight.

I went to the market and bought my apples for the Waldorf Salad and got it all mixed up and put it in a covered bowl and put it in the frig to marinate overnight. I had the pecans, grapes and raisins. I hope we can get it all eaten up. Much as I like it, I don't want to eat on it for a week. 

It's 10:22AM now. Rain is forecast for today but so far I haven't seen any sign of it. We really need it.

The laptop computer says it's raining here but I just looked out and there is no rain here yet. The forecast originates in Coffeyville so it may be raining there already.

More Later...... 

Well, it's raining here now. I just drove down to Copan Restaurant and had a bowl of their vegetable beef soup. It hit the spot! Especially as cold and rainy as it is now.

I read the rest of the afternoon and finished my second library book. Then at 7:00PM, I took my bath. I may just go on to bed right away instead of waiting for 9:00...I had so little sleep last night


 

No comments: