Thursday, January 19, 2023

Thursday: A Hope to Find a Midwest Agency that will be a provider for the Starkey Free Hearing Aids

I slept pretty well last night and only woke up one time and then managed to get back to sleep fairly easily. I finally got up about 5:00AM, made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I hope to get an appointment today to get the new free hearing aides. I hope this works out although it seems too good to be true.We will soon know.

More Later ..I will fix my breakfast now.

I have had my oatmeal now and am just drinking my coffee. Soon I will go check out the weather forecast and the cats. Blondie came back last evening after I got back from Coffeyville and I brought out the cat food for him again. 

I opened the front door and Blondie was there waiting for his breakfast. I took it out for him and he ate quickly and left. I will leave it out there for awhile just in case Scruff comes for her breakfast. It is 32 degrees out there so I see why he ate so quickly and left. That's pretty cold.

I am still waiting for the weather forecast. It may be up shortly...it is 6:06AM and it may come on in a minute or two.  The computer says it is 6:07. 

A blond cat is back. It may be Scruff. She has grown so much, I can barely tell them apart. But when she eats, she looks around like she is looking for Blondie to come. He doesn't do that and this one must have been Scruff because that's what she did. She has eaten quickly too and left now too.

No, she is back now eating again...I am glad I didn't take the cat food in. She left again..it's very cold out there so I understand.

It's past time for the forecast this time. Maybe it will run this time when it becomes 6:18AM.

More Later...

Sure enough it did! Today will be 47 degrees and partly cloudy, tomorrow will be 50 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday will be 44 degrees and PM showers, Sunday will be 44 degrees and AM clouds and PM sun, Monday will be 50 degrees and  partly cloudy, Tuesday will be 44 degrees and rain and snow, Wednesday will be 43 degrees and partly cloudy. So we may get more rain...and we can sure use it!

It's 8:23AM right now and I am going to take my walk even though it's 33 degrees outside. Yesterday Marilyn gave me some brand new earmuffs she had never worn.  She bought two pair and neither one had ever been worn. I chose the brown ones. They will  keep my ears warm when I take my walks.What a blessing! That's the only thing that ever gets cold.

I got back from my walk at 8:54AM and again, I got a full sack of trash from the streets and even some of the yards. Many empty water bottles but lots of other paper trash too. What a tragedy! My hands got cold even with my gloves on but my ears stayed warm.

I called Leslie to see if she had been called with an appointment for the Midwest Starkey office in Independence, Kansas. I had talked to the woman in that Independence office and she told me she had called the main Starkey office and found that she wasn't a provider after all, They needed to update their website and take the Independence office off the list of providers.

We will have to go to a different office...perhaps the Fredonia, Kansas, or the Neosho, Missouri, office. 

More later ...Leslie says she will check into it.

I went out to Eggbert's at lunch time and had a small Chef Salad. It was good and filling too. I am tired of frozen dinners or peanut butter and jelly  so a couple of times a week, I eat out at either Copan Restaurant or Eggbert's here in Caney. Then on Mondays I usually take Nancy out for lunch or for a small Brahm's milk shake. I make do the rest of the time.

It's 4:34PM now and soon I will go watch the CBS evening news. I never did get into my second book. I got sidetracked with solitaire. I have three weeks to read it and it won't take me more then two days to do that.

More later...

Leslie came by and picked me up for Cheyenne's basketball game this evening at 7:00PM. I really enjoyed watching the games. It gives me something different to do with the evenings.The games are on Mondays and Thursdays. So far they have been at 7:00PM.

Leslie says the Corgi puppies are not born yet. Kiki has had quite a time. She has been restless all day but the actual labor had not yet begun. Maybe they will be born tonight.  

When she brought me home, I took my bath and put my pajamas and robe on and put lotion on my feet and then put my foot socks on.  It's nearly 9:00PM now and I will go to bed soon. 

First I will put the blog on Keith's blog.

 

3 comments:

Suemn said...

I prefer earmuffs rather than a hat during the winter.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Suemn! I really like those earmuffs!

Galla Creek said...

We love Corgis. Hope you get to see them.