Sunday, January 15, 2023

Sunday and Breakfast at Church

I slept fairly well last night...was up twice in the night to go to the bathroom...but was up shortly before 5:00AM. I made my bed..as usual,and dressed and got myself ready for the day. As soon as I have my breakfast, I will mix up my coffeecake and get it in the oven before I sit down to watch the weather and check on the cats. They won't be out there this early anyhow.  I see it's 42 degrees this morning and it's 5:36AM now.

Sometime today, I will need to go to the market and get milk. I am nearly out. I have oatmeal for breakfast every morning and that takes milk. I am down to my coffee and Chai Latte now and I will soon mix up that coffeecake for the church breakfast.

I tried to log in on the desktop computer and  it says Cox is having technical difficulties.That's strange. I haven't had any problem with the laptop online with the blog. Well...that's because it's the bank...not Cox, that's having the technical difficulties. I tried to check my checking account to balance it.

I'll get on the coffeecake now.

So, More Later....

I have the coffeecake in the oven now and the oleo for the glaze is setting on the top of the stove so it will melt. Then I will add powdered sugar to it and a little milk before I put it on the warm coffeecake.

Next week we will not have a breakfast since we will have a guest minister from the Mission Center. We will have a lunch after church instead. 

I got the coffeecake glazed and it is cooling now.

The only cat that came for breakfast was Blondie and he barely ate anything and left. 

I did finally see "the weather on the 8's" though.Today is going to be 59 degrees and mostly cloudy and windy. Tomorrow is to be 64 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 57 degrees and mostly cloudy, Wednesday is supposed to be 57 degrees and rain, Thursday is to be 47 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be  52 degrees and mostly sunny, and   Saturday is to be 45 degrees and PM showers. Maybe we will get some rain...who knows. 

It's 8:02AM now and I will leave for church at 9:30AM. I imagine we will be eating breakfast at 10:00AM. I tried to text Leslie but the text would not go.Then I tried to call her but she never answered. I don't know if I have a signal or not. That's very odd. I rebooted my phone and that seemed to help.

More later...

Leslie said she was using her hair dryer and did not hear my phone call. That explains that. 

We had a small congregation today. Evidently many people were either having company because of the holiday weekend or simply too busy to come to church today for some reason. It happens!

We have a brisk wind today and my backyard is covered with leaves again. I should have known. Oh well, I needed the exercise anyhow.

I brought home most of the coffeecake but I will take some to Nancy tomorrow afternoon. I will see her tomorrow afternoon instead of in the morning.  I have a 10:00AM appointment for a hearing test tomorrow morning at 10:00AM in Independence. I will call the receptionist in the morning and tell her to tell Nancy I will come in the afternoon instead of in the morning tomorrow.

I will go to the market and get my milk in a little while.

More even later...

I got my milk and before I did that, I mailed off seven letters to those who were not at church today. I sent them bulletins too for the announcements and the prayer list. I realize it will be several days until they receive them because of the Martin Luther King holiday. But at least they will eventually get them this week.

I should have remembered to get powered sugar too, I have some time on that since we are not having breakfast next week. We are having lunch instead. We have a guest minister coming to speak from the Mission Center.

Maybe more later..

It's 7:04PM now and I will take my bath and put my pajamas on and watch the 60 Minutes program that I recorded. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.


 

 

No comments: