Monday, January 16, 2023

Monday and Another Hearing Test

I slept poorly last night. I was concerned about the cost of my car insurance and whether paying it would leave me enough money to pay the rest of my bills. It's always something. Now I have a 10:00AM appointment to be tested at Midwest Hearing Aids in Independence for free hearing aides. If my income is low enough, they would be free. Leslie is going to meet me there to find out whether that is going to work. It sounds impossible and it may be if they don't consider my income low enough. We will see.

I was up and dressed by 4:00AM this morning. I slept terribly because I had so much on my mind. I am so tired of worrying about how to pay my bills. And now the bank wanted me to change my password, I came up with another one and I hope I got it right.

More Later..I need to fix my breakfast. 

I made my breakfast and am now eating it here in the den. In a little while I will go turn on the TV and watch for "the weather on the 8's " and the cats. It's way too early for the cats to be out there. It's just now 5:53AM. 

I did find the cats out there and took out their food abut 5:55AM. That's early for them. So far, no weather forecast. All they can talk about is the weather on the east and west coasts. I am interested in our forecast. ..."the weather on the 8's" for us.

It finally came on just as I was going into the den. I rushed back with my phone and the camera on it. I got there just in time.

Today is to be 63 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday is to be 61 degrees and mostly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 60 degrees and AM rain, Thursday is to be 48 degrees and mostly sunny, Friday is to be 50 degrees and sunny, Saturday is to be 48 degrees and mostly cloudy and Sunday is to be 45 degrees and AM ice. That doesn't sound very good does it? Our guest minister may not be able to come depending on how much ice they get between where he lives and rural Coffeyville. And we are having a basket dinner on Sunday too. Wow!

More Later...

It's 8:41AM right now and in about 15 minutes I will leave to go pick up Leslie for my hearing appointment. I forgot to start the dryer when I put my load of clothes in it after they washed. So they will probably not be completely dry when the dryer finishes. I may drop by the house and start it again before I go to visit Nancy. I did call the office and tell them I would appreciate if they would tell her that I will be later getting there since I have this 10:00AM appointment in Independence.The receptionist said she would tell her. 

I picked up Leslie for my appointment at Midwest Hearing Aids. I filled out the paperwork and took the hearing test. I just had "Moderate" hearing loss but the big surprise was that the woman that ran that office was not a "provider" of the free hearing aids. They wanted $3700.  for the two hearing aids she showed me. I knew I didn't have that kind of money and sure didn't want to go into debt to buy them at my age. So we went over to Ane Mae's and had a sandwich, potato chips and tea...Leslie bought. Then I took Leslie home and went by my house before I went down to the assisted living facility where Nancy lives. She was just finishing her lunch so I took her for a ride and we later stopped at Brahms and each of us had a small milk shake. That was our treat.

Then I bought gas at Walmart and came on back home. I was very tired. I had had terrible sleep last night with all I had going on and going through my head. 

But I will go watch the basketball game at the elementary school gym this evening at 6:00PM. Cheyenne will be playing. I want to watch her play. It's only an hour long. Surely I can do that. Actually it turned out her game was at 7:00PM so I watched from 6:00PM until after Cheyenne's game.They won their game too.

But I did go watch the kids play basketball and I really enjoyed it.They had a great time and Leslie and John came and Jeromy and Marlene too.

I will try to go to each of Cheyenne's games. She has such a good time and it's something nice to do too.

I will finish this blog now that I have had my bath and then do Keith's blog too. After that, I will go to bed at 9:00PM.

I've had a big day.



 

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Hope she plays well. I loved watching young kids play. Much more entertaining than professionals.

Margie's Musings said...

You Bet! They had a great time and she was delighted that we all came to see her play.

Hearing Clinic Near Me | Adelaide Hearing said...

I Appreciate the Efforts you put into this Article, This is very Informative and Helpful. I Enjoyed Reading this Blog. Keep Sharing and give us Updates.
Hearing Clinic Near Me
Hearing Service Program
Ear Wax Removal Adelaide
Hearing Aids Adelaide
Hearing Test Adelaide