Monday, January 30, 2023

Monday and Shopping With Nancy

 I slept pretty well last night primarily because the time I woke up at 1:00AM my sinuous' were draining down my throat and also clogging up my nose. I got up and took three Melatonin tablets and still could not get to sleep so I took an allergy pill too. That helped and I finally got back to sleep until almost 5:00AM and woke up feeling more rested. I made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. 

It's 5:44AM now and I am ready to fix my breakfast, check the weather and the cats. I will be going down to Bartlesville this morning to take Nancy shopping for clothes.I dread that. The only other time I tried to shop with her,she wasn't interested in trying on clothes. She only has one outfit she can get into now since she has gained 20 pounds eating that fattening food they serve there at the assisted living. And she mostly sleeps and that doesn't help. I will give it my best shot though. I want her to buy three outfits. I will take her to the shopping center just east of Lowe's. There are three clothing stores there we can shop.

Now I am going to fix my breakfast and will get back to this after I eat something. I see it's 18 degrees out there. Brrr.

I got into the living room and turned on the TV and opened the front door to see Blondie waiting at the same time. I let him wait a minute until "the weather on the 8's" came on at the same time. I took my weather photo and then went to get his food. I put it down right in front of the front door and he dug in. He didn't waste any time eating as fast as he could and left to go find shelter from the temperature. Scruff didn't even show up this morning. 

Today is to be a high of 26 degrees and mostly cloudy,  tomorrow is to be 26 degrees again and cloudy, Wednesday is to be 37 degrees and mostly cloudy, Thursday is to be 50 degrees and mostly cloudy, Friday is to be 47 degrees and sunny, Saturday is to be 55 degrees and sunny...again, no rain. It's 6:33 now.

I went down to Bartlesville to see Nancy and take her shopping for some new clothes. She wasn't feeling too well and I wasn't sure if I should take her after all. She dressed and by the time she got dressed it was sleeting down there. We went over to Maurice's to look for some nice jeans and shirts but by the time she tried on several pair of jeans, she felt even worse. She was very dizzy. For one thing, the woman who once wore size 8 short, now can't get into a size 16 short. They are feeding them way too much starchy food at that assisted living. She has gained somewhere around 20 or 25 pounds in the year she has been there. It's tragic. Then it began sleeting in earnest. There was ice on the ground and I helped her back into the building and then back to her room and she went back to bed. I told the woman at the front desk to have the nurse take her blood pressure. She is very dizzy.

I came on back home. There was no sleet or snow in Caney. Bartlesville is only 17 miles south of here yet the weather is so different.

More Later....


 


2 comments:

Marceline Miller said...

It's so nice to read about your care for your friend in assisted living. It's inspiring. I also enjoy that your posts include the forecast -- I live on the East Coast and we tend to get your weather a few days later. We still have a couple of family members in KS.

Galla Creek said...

Well, fiddle, wish you’d have better luck with getting Nancy something to wear.