Saturday, February 4, 2023

Saturday and a Possible Concert

I slept well last night. Of course I took an allergy pill to control my sinus drainage. That's a part of the secret. I was up once during the night and took my meds then and got right back to sleep.

I brought the laptop computer in the living room and turned on the TV to catch "the weather on the 8's". I am watching for the cats but so far...no cats. It's 36 degrees out there according to the laptop computer. It's 6:41AM  now. I am eating my breakfast in here in the living room now.

Still no cats but I did catch the weather forecast. Today is to be 56 degrees and partly cloudy and windy. Sunday is to be 62 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday is to be 65 degrees and cloudy and windy, Tuesday is to be 51 degrees and AM showers,  Wednesday is to be 50 degrees and rain, Thursday is to be 52 degrees and partly cloudy, and Friday is to be 44 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week! It looks like we may get some much needed rain.

And I say a "possible" concert for a reason. I called Sally twice yesterday afternoon and left her a message both times on her home phone to please call me about the arrangements for the concert drive. If she doesn't get hold of me to make the arrangements today, I won't drive down there at night by myself..so if she doesn't get a hold of me today, I just won't attend the concert. But I won't buy tickets next time either.  I will hope she calls me today and that she will drive this time.  I am not driving a 15 year old car down to Bartlesville at night by myself. That concert will probably not be over until at least 10:00PM.

More Later....

Sally finally called me and said she had not been home and that's why she couldn't be reached. She had a meeting tonight at the YMCA before the concert and she wanted me to drive my own car down there alone. I told her I did not like to drive at night alone. She then said she would come home after her meeting and pick me up and we would drive back down there for the concert and she would drive.  I had told her I hated for us to have both our cars down there at the same time. When she gets out of her meeting, she will then come back to Caney to pick me up. I know that sounds inconvenient but it is her turn to drive us both. She says her meeting is mandatory and she has to attend. 

I went to the library before it closed today and checked out two more books. 

It's  beautiful sunshiny day today...56 degrees too. 

I had some Sprite with my lunch today but I had almost no ice to put in it. Leslie had brought the Sprite and some chicken noodle soup when I was sick Wednesday. I told Stephen I didn't think the ice maker was making any ice...or at least very little. I found one cube in it. He said if it couldn't be repaired he would replace it. I am going to keep an eye on it and see if at all it is going to work at all.. Generally I don't need ice except in the summer.

More Later...

Sally did drive and the concert was very good. We got back home about 11:15PM and I took my bath and will go on to bed as soon as I finish this.

I am planning to attend the Betterment meeting at the City next Thursday and see if I can be any help to the committee.

 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

She should drive if it’s her turn. You drove her. Hope the concert is worth the effort of going.

Margie's Musings said...

It was. I was glad she drove though. It was very dark and her lights were not too bright.