Sunday, January 29, 2023

Sunday and Church

I slept fairly well last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM, made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day.  I worked a bit on my sermon again this morning. Just wanted to get everything in order. I had downloaded the Doctrine and Covenants of our church from Amazon and found it was provided free of charge.That's strange...but I won't complain.  The church's site told me that's where I could get it. I downloaded it on my old Kindle so I would have it when I need a section for a sermon. I didn't want to buy a hard copy of it. It would be just another book to store that way.

I think I am better prepared today. I went through my material and numbered the pages. That should help with my organization and make it easier to find where I am in the service. I am presiding as well as speaking.

I want to catch the weather forecast and see if the cats are out there too.I won't be called upon to speak in February. I am really ready to retire from that responsibility. and the cats may be out there ready for their breakfast too. Sure enough! They were there. I fed them and they ate and left. I went over to church a little early so I could go to Woodshed and buy gas. It was $3.19 a gallon. Higher again! The service went alright although I got mixed up again even though I had a bulletin and also had numbered my pages. Phyllis and I ate at Eggberts and enjoyed a good visit. It's 5:05PM now and I will get back to my book.  

More later ....It's 5:05PM.

It's 7:00PM and I will take  my bath and put my pajamas and robe on and read until bedtime at 9:00PM. I hope I sleep better then I did the past few nights.

No comments: