Thursday, March 9, 2023

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning Today

I slept pretty well last night and was up at my usual time. I have dressed and got myself ready for the day. I just finished my breakfast here in the den. I was all ready to post my blog when I realized once again, I had no internet, So I had to reboot both computers to get it. So far, so good!

I was in time to get the weather report although there were no cats out there for breakfast. It's late for them to come..at 7:46AM They may have given up on me. I will check again later.

Today is to be 53 degrees and AM showers,  Friday is to be 56 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 56 degrees  and showers, , Sunday is to be 53 degrees and mostly cloudy, Monday is to be 48 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday is to be 58 degrees and mostly sunny and Wednesday is to be 70 degrees and partly cloudy and windy. That's the next week.

I had a time getting my new hearing aids open when I took them out last night. Then I had just as much trouble getting them in my ears this morning.

More later....I will finish my coffee and Chai Latte.

At 6:30PM this evening I have a Betterment meeting at City Hall.  I don't want to forget that! I joined that group last month.

I want to check on the cats again.

They still aren't there..Strange...

I got the mopping done and will wait for that to dry before starting my vacuuming.

I'm ready to start vacuuming now, I got through the blogging I follow. :)

I got all the vacuuming finished except the den. I will do that after I rest awhile and after that, I will  dust. I don't believe I got the dusting done last week. I usually save that until Friday because after I finish mopping and vacuuming I am pretty tired.

I checked and I didn't dust last Friday. If I did, I didn't put it on the blog.  But nothing would surprise me anymore.

More Later..

I Finished the vacuuming and cleaned the filter and the inside of the filter area and am charging the vacuum now. I am pretty tired. I even cleaned the toilet thoroughly. It didn't appear to be dirty but it had been awhile since a thorough cleaning on it was done. It's 10:52AM now and it rained awhile this morning. It doesn't appear to be raining just now. 

I never did see either cat this morning.

I guess I will go back to my Kindle and read again awhile.

I had a nice surprise this morning. The Caney Drug called me about my two prescriptions I had had Lori prescribe again this time. A couple of months ago, Medicare sent me a prescription card. I hadn't signed up for one when I took out Medicare because at that time I didn't take any meds at all.

Now I have been getting my thyroid med at Walgreens in Independence, Kansas because it was only $26.00 for a three month's supply there. I was getting my blood pressure pills at the Medicine Shop in Coffeyville where a three month's supply was only $10.00.

I used my new prescription card for the first time at Caney Drug this morning. The thyroid pills for a three month's supply was $3.51 and the blood pressure pill for a three month's supply was .16...that's $0.16 cents for a total for both for a three month's supply was $3.67. That's a huge savings!

I went to Dollar General to get a birthday card for my great granddaughter, Maia, and sent off a birthday card for Kelly McIntosh at church too. I also sent off a get well card to Kay Wilson and her husband,Jim, at Just Us in Cherryvale. Kay is suffering from lung cancer. Phyllis and I ate lunch at their restaurant in Cherryvale after church for several years. She and Jim have a wonderful buffet restaurant there. I hope she can recover. They can do some wonderful things with lung cancer anymore according to Kelly's wife who is a doctor. I hope she can recover. She is a very nice caring person. 

I had to go clear to Copan, Okla, about 6 miles away, to the Dollar General Store to get the birthday card I wanted for Maia. While I was in the vicinity, I stopped at Copan Restaurant and had a bowl of their vegetable beef soup. It is delicious! I have had it several times on cold or wet chilly days.

When I got back home I went to the Caney Market here and bought my grocery needs. I guess, according to the Chronicle, they had enough complaints about their changed hours that they went back to their original hours. Anyhow I bought over $26.00 worth of groceries.

Now...back to my book!

I read until I finished my book on the Kindle and now I will continue to read on the books Denise gave me. It's 7:58PM now and I have just taken my bath and put my pajamas on and my robe.

I forgot the 6:30PM meeting of the Betterment group meeting.  I was busy reading the book on my Kindle and forgot all about it. Darn it!

The cats never came for either meal so someone else is either feeding them too or they are eating birds. Who knows?

I will start another of the books Denise gave me until 9:00PM or so and then go on to bed. 


 


  

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Thankful for Medicare. I hope Joe can keep the Republican from slashing it.

Margie's Musings said...

I understand your concern. I was concerned about that too.They insist they aren't planning anything like that if you watched the President's speech last month. But I wouldn't be surprised. I just want the rich to pay their share of our taxes.