Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Tuesday and New Hearing Aids

This morning Leslie and I will meet at Tyro at 7:30AM and she and I will go to South Coffeyville for her hair appointment and then on to Tulsa for our noon appointment for my new hearing aids.The only one I had died last Friday. I had paid $350. last year to have my old one repaired. They said it had a broken wire but the one they gave me was not my original one. They may not have been able to repair my original one so they just sent me someone else's they evidently had repaired. It lasted less then a year. A very poor investment of $350. The hearing aid man at the Starkey Tulsa office told me to call the audiologist in Bartlesville where I took it to have it repaired and ask if that repair had a one year warranty. I tried to call her this afternoon but they were already gone for the day. I will try again tomorrow.

And Leslie paid $300 to get me an appointment with the one office that was participating in the program.  She had to send Starkey four months of my bank statements and my savings too. I hope her investment works out better then mine.

The two I am to get today will be free. Starkey has a program for low income folks that is called "Neighbors in Need".  It took us awhile to locate a Starkey hearing aid office that was participating in the program. Many offices were not participating in the program even though they were listed as though they were. But they chose not to participate.

More Later...I will fix my breakfast now and  check on the cats after that too.

I left here at shortly before 7:00AM and at 7:20 AM  met Leslie at Tyro. We went to her hair appointment first and then down to Tulsa for lunch first and then my appointment for my new hearing aids at noon. They were very good. I hear better then I have in years.

He took some time adjusting the sound so it was comfortable for me and then gave them to me with the box, some booklets to explain how to care for them, some batteries and a case to put them in. 

We got back to Tyro at about 3:00PM and I got back home at 3:30PM  here at Caney. I have checked out my batteries and the ones I already have and used with my other hearing aid are the same ones I will need for the new hearing aids. 

I took my bath about 7:00PM this evening and put on my pajamas and robe. I will read until 9:00, my usual bedtime.

More Later...

3 comments:

Suemn said...

I'm excited for you to get your new hearing aids. It sounds like Starkey has a great program. I wish more places would participate in it.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too Suemn! But they cost me nothing!!

Marceline Miller said...

That's great news about getting your hearing aids!