Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Wednesday and a Doctor's Wellness Appointment

I slept pretty well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I made my bed and dressed and am having my breakfast here in the den.  I have a 9:00AM hair appointment and a 9:30-10:00 doctor's wellness appointment. I should have my social security in the bank today.  I sure need it. 

It will be a busy day.

Soon I will go in the living room and check out the weather and the cats. They  never came to eat at all yesterday. Strange....

More later..after breakfast. 

I got enough breakfast with a breakfast bar and some warmed up Chai Latte from yesterday. For some reason, I am not hungry this morning. 

I did catch the weather although neither cat came yet for their breakfast.

Today is supposed  to be 54 degrees and cloudy, tomorrow is to be 55 degrees and rain, Friday is to be 55 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 55 degrees and showers, Sunday is to be 54 degrees and AM showers, Monday is to be 50 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday is to be 56 degrees and mostly sunny. That's the week with three days of rain. We still need it. Yesterday we didn't get much.

That's it for awhile.. It's 6:32AM now.

It's 8:01AM  now and I am going to go on over to Coffeyville even though my appointment with Toni isn't until 9:00AM.Just as soon as I'm finished there, I have my doctor's wellness exam at Dr. Christensens's office. 

I went to the bank to get some  cash from my deposit of my social security and then I went to my hair appointment, After that I went to my wellness exam at the doctor's office. 

On my way back home my phone rang and I was told I had order something from Amazon from Apple  and the amount was over $1500. If wanted to cancel the order I should push "1" on my phone and another man came on and asked me my name and said they had three accounts for Margie Miller...one personal account and two business accounts. I told him I only had a personal account and no business account and he hung up. I saved the number they called from and it was a local number (620) 515-9513. When I got home I went to the Amazon account and there was no order from Apple on it. I checked my charge card and there was no charge on it either.  Then I went to the police here and told them about it and they advised me to call my bank and tell them about it so they would have a record of it too and would not accept any charge from Amazon of that huge amount. I did that. I talked to Lisa at the bank and told her all about my  phone  call.

Just another scam attempt. The police told me about another case they had dealt with when an elderly man had a shoe box with $20,000 in it and was about to send it to a person where he said his grandchild was being held until they got that money. The police asked him if he had tried to call his grandson and he said "No, he hadn't". The police told him to call his grandson and when he did, the boy answered and said he was in school. The police told the elderly man to take that shoe box to his bank and put that money back in his account. So he did. These scammers often try to scam older people because they are often more trusting   (and often more gullible) and will often buy into the scam.

Lisa told me to watch my accounts for a while especially my Amazon account and the charge card for that account.

What a mess.  

I finally got hold of the audiologist in Bartlesville about the warranty on the old hearing aid repair. It expired in May of last year. That was a waste of $350. It died 10 months too late to have any warranty left.

No comments: