Sunday, March 5, 2023

Sunday and Breakfast at Church

I slept well last night except for one incident. At 1:05AM, my doorbell woke me up. This is the second time that has happened in the middle of the night. Last time, a month or so ago, I got up and opened the front door. There was no one there. This time I just ignored it and got back to sleep eventually. I was up early because I had to bake my coffeecake for breakfast at church. So while I was up, I stripped my bed and put clean sheets on it and did a load of laundry. It's dry and folded and put away now. And the coffeecake is out of the oven and cooling and I will put the glaze on it after it cools. 

Tomorrow I will take the cookies up to Independence to the First Christian Church there. I hope someone will be at the church on Monday. I usually take them on Tuesday but Tuesday Leslie and I will be going to Tulsa after she gets her hair done in South Coffeyville at 8:00AM. I will get my new hearing aids in Tulsa at noon or shortly afterward. The one I have been wearing died on Friday. I still have 70 percent of my hearing in both ears according to my test. But I heard very little of yesterday's funeral because they didn't use the mike.

Leslie and Kelly had a meeting after the funeral so Karan and I sat out on the porch there at the campgrounds and visited. Evidently Melissa sat in on the meeting too. It was another hour before we could leave to come home. 

More Later... 

I got the coffeecake out of the oven, let it cool some and then put a glaze on it. Then I checked on the cats and they were both out there. I got them fed and then caught "the weather on the 8'S ".

Today is to be 75 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 75 degrees and partly cloudy too, Tuesday is to be 54 degrees and showers,  Wednesday is to be 57 degrees and showers, Thursday is to be 57 degrees and showers, Friday is to be 53 degrees and partly cloudy, and Saturday is to be 53 degrees and partly cloudy. It looks like the three days of rain is still in there.

More Later.. I am going to go back in the living room and read until time to go to church at 10:00AM 

I left for church and got there and everyone had brought their cookies for the first Christian Church. We had our breakfast and then our worship service and after church I took the cookies up to Independence and found a woman in the kitchen working on Tuesday's free meal. She took the cookies and was very glad to get them. I was happy that I could find someone still there as late as it was after church broke up.

I then came on back home and read most of the afternoon. Scruff came back for her supper and I fed her again. I also gave them some clean water. Blondie didn't come back this evening.

I took my bath about 8:00PM and will read until bedtime at 9:00PM or so..


1 comment:

Kay said...

You're so lucky you're getting some good sleep. I keep waking up at around 2:30 and can't get back to sleep. Take care and have a good week.