Monday, April 17, 2023

Monday and a Trip to Bartlesville to See Nancy

I slept pretty well last night and only woke up once to take my two meds and then went right back to bed and to sleep.

I was up this morning at my usual 5:00AM.  I made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day.

I will check my e-mail and the bank in a minute and then go watch for the cats and "the weather on the 8's". It's 5:56AM now and I just caught the weather forecast.

Today is to be 79 degrees and sunny, Tomorrow is to be 82 degrees and partly cloudy and windy,   Wednesday is to be 77 degrees and cloudy and windy, Thursday is to be 71 degrees and thunderstorms, Friday is to be 77 degrees and showers, Saturday is to be 54 degrees and partly cloudy, and Sunday is to be 61 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week..a couple of days of much needed rain on Thursday and Friday. I could live without the wind!

Now I will check the bank and the cats.

I did check out the bank and could not find a small mistake. Then I checked on the cats but they were not out there. I must have missed them when they came or perhaps they did not come this morning. I will leave about 9:15AM to go to Bartlesville to see Nancy. It's only 8:21AM right now. I will hope to see Sally for lunch too. Nancy always enjoys that too. I am taking both of them some coffeecake today.

More Even Later...

I went down to see Nancy and she was sick with a urinary tract infection. They are taking her to the doctor this afternoon to get an antibiotic. I wish I had known and I wouldn't have gone. She said she should have called me but I guess she didn't think of it. I started to stay down there and see Sally but later changed my mind and just came on back home.

I called Dale, her cousin, and he and Gina, his wife, had just returned from a weekend trip somewhere. He didn't know about Nancy being sick.  In fact, the woman in the front office didn't know she was sick either. She stays in bed so much they probably just thought she was sleeping as usual.  She sleeps a lot. Usually when I get there about 10:30AM  she isn't out of bed or even dressed and I have to encourage her to get dressed so we can go meet Sally for lunch. Then she's always ready to go! But she doesn't keep track of the days of the week. Part of that is her dementia. She has days when that is apparent. Other days she seems perfectly normal and lucid.

I waited awhile for Sally and then just decided to come on back home and eat some of that broccoli/cheese soup I made last week and save the money.

I will take $100 cash with me for the conference next week for my food that I eat. I may take my oatmeal with me for my breakfast.  I generally only eat Breakfast and lunch and nothing for supper. I sleep better with nothing in my stomach when I sleep.

Marilyn texted me this morning to say Wednesday was Bunco. I will go. It only 1:00PM to 3:00PM and I will pack when I get home from that. I am to go out to Leslie's Thursday morning and she will put my suitcases in her car for Friday. Karan will be coming Friday morning and Leslie will put her suitcases in the car too. But Karan is going to stay with her daughter who lives there in Independence. I will be staying in the camper with Leslie.

I am glad because Karan snores when she sleeps. When we went to Leslie's ordination, Karan and I stayed in the lodge together and I got very little sleep. I didn't tell her that though because it would have embarrassed her.

I plan to change my bed tomorrow and it will be clean when I get back from Conference.

More Later..I will go check the mail on the TV "weather on the 8's" . I got the bill from my prescription drug plan..$8.00..and paid it by check. I also went to the library and got two books to read. Then I went to the Caney Drug Store to pick up my two prescriptions.

I had some of my broccoli cheese soup for lunch. I went to the market and bought a treat for Wednesday's Bunco game at Coffeyville's senior center. I will get my hair done Wednesday morning at 8:30AM or 9:00AM. And then go to Bunco at 1:00PM until 3:30PM and when I get home from Bunco, I will do my packing for the week of World Church Conference in Independence, Missouri. We will leave on Friday and be gone a week.

After lunch, I started one of the new library books and have been reading until 6:00PM. It's 6:39PM  now and I will soon take my bath and then read some more until my bedtime..

I never did see the cats today. I hope they found something to eat.

No comments: