Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Tuesday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept well last night and was up a little later then usual...more like 6:00AM. I have changed my bed and the sheets and laundry are in the washer now. They may be ready to go into the dryer. I will check now. 

Sure enough...they were ready for the dryer. I put them in and added a couple of dryer sheets to take out the wrinkles.

I took out my trash even though trash pickup day is Tuesday and I won't be here Tuesday to move the dumpster back away from the curb.  Maybe I should wait until I get back from Conference to have it picked up. It's not going to be overflowing. The wind might blow that dumpster down the block or into the street. That's what I'll do.

I didn't see the cats this morning. They may have been here earlier before I got into the living room. I just finished my breakfast and it's late for me... 7:35AM. I did catch the weather forecast. Today is to be 82 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, Wednesday is to be 78 degrees and cloudy and windy, Thursday is to be 72 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Friday is to be 63 degrees and AM clouds and PM Sun, Saturday is to be 58 degrees and mostly sunny, Sunday is to be 60 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 63 degrees and showers...so a couple of days of much needed rain..Thursday and Monday.

More Later....

I took my walk this morning and went the entire 12 blocks this time. There was little to no wind. I took a trash bag with me and, sure enough, it was full by the time I got back home. I saw the trash truck while I was out there so when I got home I set the trash container out by the curb for it to be emptied today. I won't have much trash this next week since we are leaving for Independence, Missouri on Friday.

I have folded the laundry that was dry and put it away. My pajamas were wound up in the sheets so I put them back in the dryer to finish drying. They are flannel so it may take awhile.

I will have to mow again when I get home next week.  My neighbor to the south mowed his this week and it made mine look so much better. He must have noticed I had mowed my part. The neighbor to the north has not mowed and his yard is full of toys and stuff. He has a teen-aged son that should be able to mow for him.

I mopped all the bare floors and will now begin my vacuuming.

I got all the vacuuming finished but the dining room. After I move those chairs into the kitchen and living room, I always have to rest a bit before I finish vacuuming there and move the chairs back under the dining room table. I can sure tell my age.

I got the vacuuming finished and the chairs back under the table again. I cleaned up the vacuum too and cleaned the filter. The vacuum is charging now. It usually takes two hours for a full charge. This is the cordless vacuum Leslie gave me for Christmas. It's much lighter then the one Stephen bought me for the apartment when we got the new carpet. I leave them both in the coat closet between cleanings.  It's 10:31AM now and I have the laundry finished and put away and the apartment cleaned, I will dust later after I rest awhile again.

So, More Later...

Leslie called me this morning to tell me Maia has a track meet this afternoon at 2:30PM or 3:00PM and she would like me to attend. It's the only one in Caney this year. The last one was held in Fredonia so they didn't tell me about that one..That's a ways.  I will attend this one. Jeromy, my grandson, and her father, is planning to come mow my yard after he gets off work at 4:30PM.  I will leave the door unlocked while I am gone so he can get into the garage where the mower is kept. I have gas in my gas can and a paper funnel on top of the gas can so he can add more if he needs it. I will surely be back home by that time.

More Even Later...

I went out to see Maia do the shot putt at the high school and waited quite a while for them to get around to it. It was 4:40 when I finally got back to my place.  Jeromy came at 4:45PM and began mowing for me.  That's a blessing because I changed my bed and did laundry and cleaned the apartment today and even dusted the same day. I sometimes wait another day to dust. But I knew I would be gone tomorrow to get my hair done and play Bunco too and would also need to pack after I got back from the senior center.

I am very tired. There was a lot of wind at the school and it kind of wore me out. I got the mower out and put gas in it. Jeromy said it did not need oil. He checked.

He is mowing now. In a little while I will take him out some water. The wind is still furious. He came at 4:45PM and finished all of it and emptied the bag at 5:15PM. Amazing! Youth is amazing! I was just getting ready to take him out some water and he was finished!

It's 5:39PM now and I am going to go read on my book from the library, I will take my bath at 7:00PM and read until 9:00PM when I will go to bed.

 

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Jeromy will get that mowed in a flash. Track meets take forever. I still enjoy going.