Thursday, April 20, 2023

Thursday and Packing for Conference

I slept well last night and was up at 5:00AM to finish packing. I will take my large bag out to Leslie's later today and save the small bag for all the things I will need before tomorrow....makeup, contacts, glasses, meds, and much more like my phone and charger. I have put the large bag in the car already. I will leave when it is not raining. I have checked for the cats twice but they have not come..not for a couple of days.

I did get the weather forecast for this area. Of course we will be leaving tomorrow for Independence, Missouri and I have no idea what the weather will be like further up north...not at this point for sure.

Today is supposed to be 73 degrees and AM thunderstorms and wind, Friday, when we actually leave for our trip, will be 71 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 60 degrees and mostly cloudy, Sunday is to be 61 degrees Mostly Cloudy, Monday is to be 63 degrees and PM showers, Tuesday is to be 56 degrees and Rain, and Wednesday is to be 58 degrees and showers. But of course, that's here..not in Independence, Missouri. Four days of much needed rain. Hopefully that will help the river fill some.

So more later...when I know more. It's 3:34PM and still no rain!

I went out to Leslie's and took my large bag with the clothes and the hangers and hung up my hanging clothes. And put my folding clothes in the drawer of the dresser.Then we went  to Walmart and she bought some groceries for us to fix some of our meals with while we are gone. We will also eat out some.

Then I came back home to a call from Tom Muller at O.K. Electric. He's the man who thinks he can fix my leaf vacuum. He said if I would leave it at Ace Hardware he would pick it up there and try to get parts for it to get it repaired. Then he would take it back to Ace Hardware when he was through with it and I could pick it up there and send him a check.... for the repair..I hope he can fix it.

So I took the leaf vacuum over to Ace Hardware and told them about my conversation with Tom Muller.  The manager there was good with that.

Then I stopped at Brahms and had a junior lunch.  And then I came back home.

More Later.... I spent some time on the phone with Cox business office and tried to explain to him how confusing it was to have a different amount on each bill each month when nothing had changed. I hadn't changed anything about my service and hadn't added anything or deleted  anything yet my bill was never the same each month.  I believe it was that I was sending them a check and then the bank was also paying the bill. So I cancelled the bank's payment. And I will pay it by check each month instead. I have some control over that.

So More Later... 

I have watching Joseph Campbell and Bill Moyers in a TV series, "The Power of Myth". It was a classic. I watched the entire series when my Bob was going to Tulsa every week to take his classes on training to be a chaplain right after he retired from Phillips' Petroleum Co. It was fascinating!

It's 5:05PM and it never did rain today.

I will watch the evening news and at 7:00PM, take my bath and then l plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.

 

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

I checked Kansas City weather just now. 50's and 60's for the next 10 days. Several chances for showers and cloudiness all that time.

Galla Creek said...

It’s cooler here today. Supposed to rain later. I hope you enjoy your trip.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks you for commenting...both of you! I hope the trip will be inspiring. I have attended for over 50 years as a delegate.