Sunday, April 16, 2023

Sunday and Breakfast at Church

I slept pretty well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM, I had been up once in the night and took my two meds and went back to sleep. I later made my bed and got dressed and got myself ready for the day. 

We are having breakfast at church today so I have my coffeecake in the oven now. It needs to bake and cool so I can put the glaze on it.

I just checked for the cats and they are not out there yet. Maybe they will be later this morning. Who knows?

The weather is not on yet either. It comes on as "the weather on the 8's". I won't be having breakfast here since we are having it at church. I will eat there.

I just checked on the cats again and they are not out there yet. I also watched for the weather forecast but it didn't come on at 6:28AM so it will be later this morning. I guess. Maybe at 6:48AM. I will check again closer to that time..

Well, Blondie finally showed up and I took his food out to him. He ate and left and Scruff never showed up. I will leave the cat food out there for awhile. She may come yet.

And I did catch "the weather on the 8's". Today is to be 67 degrees and sunny and windy, tomorrow is to be 81 degrees and sunny, and Tuesday is to be 81 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, Wednesday is to be 81 degrees and mostly cloudy and windy, and Thursday is to be 75 degrees and AM Thunderstorms, and Friday is to be 66 degrees and partly cloudy, and Saturday is to be 61 degrees and partly cloudy. That looks like yesterday's week's forecast too. One day of rain and that's Thursday.

More Later.... 

It's good thing I didn't take the cat food in the garage after Blondie ate because after awhile Scruff did come and eat. She looked around for Blondie but he had already eaten and left.

I got my coffeecake baked and glazed and it is cool and covered. It's only 8:00AM and I don't have to leave for church until 10:00AM because our breakfast is at10:30AM and the worship service is at 11:00AM. Karan has the message today. She always does a  good job.

We leave for World Church Conference on the 21st and won't be home until the 28th, So there will be no local service on the 23rd. But on the 30th we will have a special service about the World Conference. We will share our experiences. Many of us will be in Independence, Missouri, for that World Conference. Then July 8th though the 14th is our church's week long family camp (we call it "reunion" because that's what it really is) so once again the local services will be cancelled on July 9th. We get to see people we only see once a year at that family camp.

I walked up to the post office to mail a payment. Then I cut my walk short because there was a brisk cold wind.  So I walked three blocks shorter then usual. 9 Blocks instead of 12. Brrr.

I think I will go on over to Coffeyville and buy gas. It's either now or Wednesday and by Wednesday I may really need it. I had made that trip to Chanute on that tank of gas on Thursday. 

More Even Later... 

I did go to Coffeyville early because I did go to the Woodshed and filled up my tank with gas and also washed my car windows. I also stopped at the bank and took out my $50.00..  the week's expense money. This is the week for my color and cut. That's $35.00. Toni does that every three weeks.

Then I went on back out to church. I took my coffeecake in and the others were already there and all their treats were out on the cabinet top. I added mine and fixed myself a cup of that special Chai Leslie gets from Kerig. There wasn't much of my coffeecake taken.. there were so many different kinds of donuts brought. I will take some of my coffeecake to Nancy tomorrow and if we meet Sally at lunchtime, I will give some to her too. It won't go to waste.

Phyllis and I went to Eggbert's for our lunch after church. There was a mix up about our Debit cards and the tickets and the man that served us had a time getting it straight. He finally called in the manager and she got it straightened out. Thank goodness!

We also saw Rick and Carmen there with Mark Wilson, the pastor there at the Church of God. They have been going to church there at his church the past few months. He is a fine young man and I think they will be happy there. Carmen was upset with us and that is why they left us.

I watched the service this evening for our Mission Center. It is broadcast on Sunday evenings on Zoom.  It is 8:36PM now and I will read until 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed.

I am supposed to pack for Conference on Wednesday afternoon and go out to Leslie's with my bags on Thursday morning before noon and she will get them packed in her vehicle so we can leave on Friday. Karan will be bringing her suitcases too on Friday morning. After she is packed, we will leave for Conference.

This will be my last World Conference. Before the next one in three years, I will be almost 90 years old. I will probably be too fragile by then to manage it. One never knows.

Tomorrow I will go for my weekly visit with Nancy in Bartlesville.

No comments: